8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

His defense still sucks.

Scherff is a dominant OG and has 2 Pro Bowl Appearances.

In all fairness that offense is ran through Cousins far more than Scherff.

Look at the flip side, unless you're an elite QB, you have almost no chance of carrying a poor cast around you. Joe Thomas was dominant to say the least and is a 6-time All Pro/10-time Pro Bowler, but the Browns offense has sucked almost every year. He was a better LT, the most important position on the line, than Scherff has been at OG and the offense was still crap.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Chiefs left to right:

1st round

Undrafted

6th round

6th round

2nd round (FA addition)

There starting line is actually

1st

UDFA

2nd

6th

2nd/Big Free Agent

You can  build any position in the middle rounds of the draft if you do it well. The Chiefs make pretty strong investments in their OL.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Are you trying to say Scherff helps put his team in a position to win more than Mack?

No.

I am saying Scherff is not worth the 5th pick because his offense sucks is like saying Mack wasn't worth the 5th pick because his defense sucks.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There starting line is actually

1st

UDFA

2nd

6th

2nd/Big Free Agent

You can  build any position in the middle rounds of the draft. 

What are you talking about? Zach Fulton is listed as their starting center, and he was drafted in the 6th round.

Regardless, to my point: Andy Reid puts his focus on offensive tackles, not guards. His two guards, according to the depth chart on their website, are LG: undrafted and RG: 6th round.

Just now, G08 said:

What are you talking about? Zach Fulton is listed as their starting center, and he was drafted in the 6th round.

Regardless, to my point: Andy Reid puts his focus on offensive tackles, not guards. His two guards, according to the depth chart on their website, are LG: undrafted and RG: 6th round.

Mitch Morse is their starter. He is on IR.

Yes he puts an emphasis on OTs, but I doubt he would turn his nose up at an elite OG if available.

The problem is that outside of Chubb and Fitzpatrick you cannot name another blue chip player that we should take.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I just can't agree with that man.

What can you not agree with?

G08 said Scherff was not worth the 5th pick because the Redskins offense wasn't good. The exact same logic can be applied to any player who plays on a bad unit.

Scherff is not worth as much as Mack, no one would make that argument. But the Bears will not have access to this years Mack in Chubb.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Yes he puts an emphasis on OTs, but I doubt he would turn his nose up at an elite OG if available.

The problem is that outside of Chubb and Fitzpatrick you cannot name another blue chip player that we should take.

Windy I just want your opinion, as you were an OL for years. 

Do you feel Nelson has the physical ability to play RT? If not, what do you feel he would need to show in the Combine to convince you he can? Even if you would flatly just keep him at OG, I'm just looking for your opinion.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Windy I just want your opinion, as you were an OL for years. 

Do you feel Nelson has the physical ability to play RT? If not, what do you feel he would need to show in the Combine to convince you he can? Even if you would flatly just keep him at OG, I'm just looking for your opinion.

I do not think he lacks any physical tool to play RT.

At 6'5" with what appears to be long arms and good feet I am sure he could play RT, but some guys are just better on the inside.

Just now, WindyCity said:

G08 said Scherff was not worth the 5th pick because the Redskins offense wasn't good. The exact same logic can be applied to any player who plays on a bad unit.

Scherff is not worth as much as Mack, no one would make that argument. But the Bears will not have access to this years Mack in Chubb.

Well that I get...

What I would say tho which has already been said previously is saying an entire unit or side of the ball is poor so drafting someone that highly is pointless is completely wrong...Joe Thomas has been worth that pick and more even for a Cleveland team who have been terrible...

I just think regardless of him being elite or not he is still just a guard...and Kyle Long has not won us much...we need impact play makers more than anything on this team.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Well that's over-simplifying it Windy... my point is you don't burn a top 5 pick on an offensive guard. Their overall impact on the game, IMO, is minimal to warrant such investment.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think he would. His words: give me a QB, 2 tackles, 2 pass rushers, 2 corners and I'll figure out the rest.

Just now, G08 said:

If you use a top 5 pick on someone, he should be a game-changer. To me, that's QB, pass rusher, top-tier tackle, or elite corner.

QB-Don't need

Pass Rusher-Will be picked before us

OT-Arguable that there are any elite ones

CB-Will be picked before us

Now what?

Archived