8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

I could see Bradley Chubb falling to the Jets at #6 with 3 QBs going as well as Nelson(Colts) and Barkley(Browns2). I think the Jets will be all in on the QB3 there whoever that may be, but with the Bucs at 7 (Winston) they could still have their pick at QB3 at 8. We saw this exact scenario in 2016 when Pace traded up 2 spots in the top 10 to nab Floyd before he went one pick ahead of us to NYG. Chubb very well could go #7 if we didn't jump them by one. 

Id easily do #8, 4th, 2019 4th for #6. Then take Chubb and trade back in the 2nd to recoup another 4th. 

This would seem seem very Ryan Pace esq.

25 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I could see Bradley Chubb falling to the Jets at #6 with 3 QBs going as well as Nelson(Colts) and Barkley(Browns2). I think the Jets will be all in on the QB3 there whoever that may be, but with the Bucs at 7 (Winston) they could still have their pick at QB3 at 8. We saw this exact scenario in 2016 when Pace traded up 2 spots in the top 10 to nab Floyd before he went one pick ahead of us to NYG. Chubb very well could go #7 if we didn't jump them by one. 

Id easily do #8, 4th, 2019 4th for #6. Then take Chubb and trade back in the 2nd to recoup another 4th. 

This would seem seem very Ryan Pace esq.

I'd be down for that, but how bad would the Facebook/twitter community freak out? Makes it twice as enjoyable to read the nonsense about "losing picks" in the middle rounds when they are so easy to recoup.

8 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

What do smart people think of the OT talent in this draft?

The more I think about the more I'd like to have WR and OLB addressed in free agency, and get a real quality tackle in round 1. Sure seems like that's a premium position these days and getting rarer and rarer.  

WR can be done but there really aren’t any pass rushers in FA this year. 

Thanks, I was worried about that. Looking through prospect big boards, it's REALLY concerning how little-number wise-OTs, OGs, EDGE rushers and the like there are, to say nothing at all of the quality.  

What would you think about OL in rd 1 and OLB in rd 2? If you'd signed a pair of WR in FA and took one (or two) later round guys in the draft... Genuinely asking here.

Man, the unicorn of trading down in the 1st keeps looking better and better. I would also like a pony and infinite gas for my truck while we're wishing.

Archived