8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There are 3 players I am taking no matter what in order. To me these are the ELITE players in the draft.

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quentin Nelson

All 3 are elite talents and I order them by positional value.

I like Nelson, but I just can't spend a top 8 pick on a guard, especially when Josh Jackson will be sitting there. Can you imagine him paired up with Kyle Fuller, with Jackson and Amos behind them? You can find tackles later in the draft, IMO, but I'm notorious for thinking you draft a mentally tough athlete and just pound technique into them.

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

I like Nelson, but I just can't spend a top 8 pick on a guard, especially when Josh Jackson will be sitting there. Can you imagine him paired up with Kyle Fuller, with Jackson and Amos behind them? You can find tackles later in the draft, IMO, but I'm notorious for thinking you draft a mentally tough athlete and just pound technique into them.

I can spend a top 8 pick on elite players.

I can imagine Josh Jackson as an average CB in the NFL. I cannot imagine Nelson as anything less than one of the top 3-4 guys at his position.

After those 3 guys I am pretty much open to anything.

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There are 3 players I am taking no matter what in order. To me these are the ELITE players in the draft.

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quentin Nelson

All 3 are elite talents and I order them by positional value.

I like this list.  One of them should be available when the Bears pick at #8.

Greg Gabriel tweeted the other day that Minkah is a better prospect/football player than Jalen Ramsey was coming out, albeit not as quick.

If the bears can sell me that Nelson will be our RT and if that doesn't work out he will be a pro bowl guard.  I could live with that.  You took a swing on a guy and if it doesn't work out the player's floor is pro bowl RG. Than that's a good pick.  But if its bears cut Sitton and Nelson fills the hole that's not improving your team that spinning your tires in the mud not going anywhere. that's a wasted pick.  Especially when the free agent center position is got some good young talented players that could fit the hole left by cutting Sitton.  Zac Fulton, Spencer Long, Brain Schwanke. 

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I can spend a top 8 pick on elite players.

I can imagine Josh Jackson as an average CB in the NFL. I cannot imagine Nelson as anything less than one of the top 3-4 guys at his position.

After those 3 guys I am pretty much open to anything.

What about the numerous other can’t miss OG prospects that we’re going to be All Pros that flamed out. As some else here said there is only like 4 1st round guards starting. Nelson is on my list but not at 8 as a G. 

For me the only only player I have as a must draft at 8 is Bradley Chubb. 

5 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

What about the numerous other can’t miss OG prospects that we’re going to be All Pros that flamed out. As some else here said there is only like 4 1st round guards starting. Nelson is on my list but not at 8 as a G. 

For me the only only player I have as a must draft at 8 is Bradley Chubb. 

There are more "can't miss" CBs that flame out.

I think the 2013 Draft should be looked at when talking about the value drafting a guard with a top pick.  #7 Jonathan Cooper (bust) #10 Chance Warmack (solid player) #19 Justin Pugh # 20 Kyle Long #31 Travis Frederick.  Cooper busted out fast. Warmack is solid but he doesn't have a huge impact on the game.  Chance Warmack is not going to be the deciding factor in Titans vs Pats this weekend.  Pugh, Long, and Frederick all have had better careers than cooper and warmack the can't miss guys of that draft.

to me "Elite" player or not the position value is not there.  Nelson has to play RT for me to draft that high 

Just now, WindyCity said:

With the amount of guys who can rush the passer from the interior I disagree.

The only way to keep 335lbs of Hick off of your QB is to have really good OGs.

Or double team him...

17 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I think the 2013 Draft should be looked at when talking about the value drafting a guard with a top pick.  #7 Jonathan Cooper (bust) #10 Chance Warmack (solid player) #19 Justin Pugh # 20 Kyle Long #31 Travis Frederick.  Cooper busted out fast. Warmack is solid but he doesn't have a huge impact on the game.  Chance Warmack is not going to be the deciding factor in Titans vs Pats this weekend.  Pugh, Long, and Frederick all have had better careers than cooper and warmack the can't miss guys of that draft.

to me "Elite" player or not the position value is not there.  Nelson has to play RT for me to draft that high 

Bingo. What's the #5 overall pick in 2015 doing? Dude's team didn't even make the playoffs.

28th in rushing

12th in passing

21st in sacks

42 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bingo. What's the #5 overall pick in 2015 doing? Dude's team didn't even make the playoffs.

28th in rushing

12th in passing

21st in sacks

That is not on him.

You can say that for any top 5 pick.

Khalil Mack was the 5th pick and the defense he plays on is horrendous.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is not on him.

You can say that for any top 5 pick.

Khalil Mack was the 5th pick and the defense he plays on is horrendous.

Khalil Mack has 40.5 sacks in 4 seasons dude, 3 Pro Bowl appearances.

Archived