8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Does that mean Nelson is out too? He teabagged a guy in today’s game after he pancaked him. 

It was frickin awesome too, if you haven’t seen it. 

My rationale is if there’s one character flag, Pace probably won’t take the guy. If there are multiple character flags, then it’s not even worth debating, because Pace is 100% not drafting the guy.

Based on three prior years of Pace drafting, even discussing Chubb is a huge waste of time because he won’t wind up a Bear.

6 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Is there more than him just spitting on the FSU logo, if not I think it's a non issue.  Especially when you are getting this kind of player,

https://thepewterplank.com/2017/11/24/drafting-buccaneers-de-bradley-chubb-scouting-report/

Yeah, there was also a game where he kept ripping off a QBs towel or something like that.

All of the numbers and talent and production in the world is great, but there’s no precedent of Pace taking guys who screw around with that, whereas there’s a massive precedent of him taking guys who are squeaky clean.

9 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Yeah, there was also a game where he kept ripping off a QBs towel or something like that.

All of the numbers and talent and production in the world is great, but there’s no precedent of Pace taking guys who screw around with that, whereas there’s a massive precedent of him taking guys who are squeaky clean.

I really think you're reaching here, if he is there he'll be the pick.  And Chubb's reasoning for taking the towels is kind of smart and I would think it would happen more with his reasoning.

“As a quarterback, the first thing you do before you hike the ball is wipe your hands on the towel,” Chubb said. “If I take that away from you, that’s one thing you’re thinking about: Where’s my towel? Who keeps taking my towel?

“It’s just mind games.”

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Does that mean Nelson is out too? He teabagged a guy in today’s game after he pancaked him. 

It was frickin awesome too, if you haven’t seen it. 

That play moved him UP my draft board, personally... xD

He's now next to Ridley in my Tier 1 prospects, and above all of the OT prospects.  It wouldn't be ideal having all 3 of Nelson, Long, and Sitton for a year.... but Long is a question mark coming off of his surgeries, we currently have no backup OG, and we'd be able to easily move on from Sitton after 2018 without OL interior dropping off.

There are 3 ELITE players in the draft that I would have to pick if they fell

1. Chubb

2. Nelson

3. Fitzpatrick

I really want to address the edge position. I am not an Arden Key guy, there seem to be too many instances of him being flaky.

I do not think any WR in the draft is worth the 8th pick. The only one that I consider if Calvin Ridley.

In the above scenario I am going to draft

1[8] OT Orlando Brown [OU] 6'8" 345lbs.

If you want a dominant offense the best way to do it is have a dominant OL. If you can protect your QB with 5 guys and send 5 out into patterns you are hard to cover. If you can run the ball with 3 WRs on the field you become unpredictable.

]0ap3000000823622.jpg

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There are 3 ELITE players in the draft that I would have to pick if they fell

1. Chubb

2. Nelson

3. Fitzpatrick

I really want to address the edge position. I am not an Arden Key guy, there seem to be too many instances of him being flaky.

I do not think any WR in the draft is worth the 8th pick. The only one that I consider if Calvin Ridley.

In the above scenario I am going to draft

1[8] OT Orlando Brown [OU] 6'8" 345lbs.

If you want a dominant offense the best way to do it is have a dominant OL. If you can protect your QB with 5 guys and send 5 out into patterns you are hard to cover. If you can run the ball with 3 WRs on the field you become unpredictable.

]0ap3000000823622.jpg

Curious to see how his draft stock rises. I still would prefer Nelson and my preference is for offense over a defense hands down. We need to give Tru weapons and protection and give him the best chance for success regardless of what "elite" DE prospect shows up. 

If Payton doesn’t leave for Chicago, look for Eagles quarterback coach John DeFilippio to be a favorite for the job. And if the Titans move on from Mike Mularkey, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels should be the favorite.

Eric Galko.

Minkah Fitzpatrick was arguably the country’s most impactful defender this year, but after learning NFL teams’ grades, I’ll be surprised if he gets drafted inside the top 10 picks. NC State’s Bradley Chubb will be the first defender taken.

— Oklahoma State receiver Marcell Ateman has graded higher than teammate James Washington by multiple NFL teams. If Washington runs slower than expected at the NFL Combine, don’t be surprised if Ateman leapfrogs Washington in Round of the draft.

Galko again.

27 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Curious to see how his draft stock rises. I still would prefer Nelson and my preference is for offense over a defense hands down. We need to give Tru weapons and protection and give him the best chance for success regardless of what "elite" DE prospect shows up. 

The problem is the Bears already used 5 of 6 draft picks on offense last year and they really have no edge rusher at all except for an injury prone Leonard Floyd. You won't win meaningful games against good QB's without pressuring the passer. As long as this is a problem they will continue to lose to Rodgers and Stafford.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am all for improving the OL but right now we need impact playmakers...if we can't trade down which should be our first option then Georgia ILB Roquan Smith should be the pick.

What i like about Smith is that he only missed like 1 tackle all season. He put that hit on the RB in overtime and stopped him short with a nice hit. I have seen him listed as and OLB though. I thought he was an ILB.

Just now, TB 1 said:

What i like about Smith is that he only missed like 1 tackle all season. He put that hit on the RB in overtime and stopped him short with a nice hit. I have seen him listed as and OLB though. I thought he was an ILB.

He can play both inside or out much like Lavonte David or Dion Jones...I think he is going to be special at the next level and next to DT59 would be an excellent playmaker and leader for us.

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am all for improving the OL but right now we need impact playmakers...if we can't trade down which should be our first option then Georgia ILB Roquan Smith should be the pick.

I would have no issue with Smith.

We do need difference making talents regardless of position.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

We are not trading down please get it out of your head.  We have the 8th pick we are not going to get a draft lottery trade down.  All the QBs will be gone no one is going to trade up for a player that is not a QB. 

We went through this a few weeks ago that it’s happened several times in the past decade. That said, it’s most often been for a WR and there isn’t one there this year that justifies that. 

Archived