Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

I love that it sounds like he's staying in a scouting aspect. He's talked about this before. That's a nice asset. Then this redefined roles thing sounds good too. Like maybe a couple dudes getting high level money to keep them

Still shocked.

Glad to keep TT in the scouting role.

Would kill to have Palmy here to pass on some details of what actually went down.

I could see anything from Wolf/Gun getting an offer and saying promote me or I'm leaving, or I could see Thompson saying he's done, tired, and wants to take a step back. Very strange situation. 

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I love that it sounds like he's staying in a scouting aspect. He's talked about this before. That's a nice asset. Then this redefined roles thing sounds good too. Like maybe a couple dudes getting high level money to keep them

This team still needs an architect.  Someone needs to be in charge.  it's all well and good to say to 3-4 men "you do this, you do this, and you do this" but if there's no "guy who owns the final call" you have the draft guy butting heads with the cap guy butting heads with the pro personnel guy.

I'm guessing Wolf gets the first crack at that job.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Still shocked.

Glad to keep TT in the scouting role.

Would kill to have Palmy here to pass on some details of what actually went down.

I could see anything from Wolf/Gun getting an offer and saying promote me or I'm leaving, or I could see Thompson saying he's done, tired, and wants to take a step back. Very strange situation. 

@palmy50?

Just now, Slinky said:

I love your pettiness. xD

Now lets can the HC and we're set! 

I didn't even know you made the other one until after I posted in here. But cry again little victim boy. This is OBJECTIVELY the better thread title. It should be the thread we use. Two people already agreed.

This is gonna be so cool to watch play out. Kinda excited.

ptkv1uiwklta5rgtkeko.gif

1bcbb5_a56c37f33a3d4041b6b12ff3b24377b6.

Did not expect this but it makes sense. He only has 1 more yr left on his current deal and they've been grooming multiple candidates for eventually taking over. Thompson can now focus on his main love which is simply scouting

Early rumors seem to point to Russ Ball as perhaps getting the GM gig which would honestly be a shocker to me. Felt like Wolf or Gutekunst was likely being prepped for that role

Just now, skibrett15 said:

This team still needs an architect.  Someone needs to be in charge.  it's all well and good to say to 3-4 men "you do this, you do this, and you do this" but if there's no "guy who owns the final call" you have the draft guy butting heads with the cap guy butting heads with the pro personnel guy.

I'm guessing Wolf gets the first crack at that job.

I feel you. Just not sure it's impossible to work the other way. It's intriguing to me. Obviously it's hard to come to decisions sometimes and a top dog fixes that.

Archived