Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Did not expect this but it makes sense. He only has 1 more yr left on his current deal and they've been grooming multiple candidates for eventually taking over. Thompson can now focus on his main love which is simply scouting

Early rumors seem to point to Russ Ball as perhaps getting the GM gig which would honestly be a shocker to me. Felt like Wolf or Gutekunst was likely being prepped for that role

I want it to be Ball so I can make fun of cwood for telling me it wouldn't be. Lol. But it's not gonna be imo. I really think it's Wolf

I'm glad he's still around. His way might have gotten a little stale but I still think the guy is one of the better evaulators (long time "in Ted I trust" guy). I'm not celebrating quite yet.

Timing of this strike anybody as odd? Sure bad teams turned over GMs after the season, but still - I got to believe the scouting department was well into their draft prep by now. Kind of leads me to believe this is more likely to be internal. 

Regardless - thanks for the work at GM TT, especially for Aaron!

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I want it to be Ball so I can make fun of cwood for telling me it wouldn't be. Lol. But it's not gonna be imo. I really think it's Wolf

And I'll admit I'm wrong...but I really, really don't believe it's going to be Ball.

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lot of people are going to be in for a world of hurt when they see that things don't change too much other than how we draft. 

You mean Wolf won't sign Reggie White this year?

I said this franachise needed an enema .. seems like it's happening.  Glad that Ted will still be involve though .. he has a keen eye for talent and can offer some excellent guidance.  The Rodgers injury exposed some things though .. not a very good team at all without the guy.  It's not hopeless though .. there is talent on board .. just need better direction and a few key additions.

9 minutes ago, Hawkfan191 said:

I'm torn, I always have heard Wolf and he has always been my guy to take over (besides John Dorsey), now heard Gutenkunst is a ace in the hole as well. Norm thinks it could be Ball, so it's going to be interesting.

Archived