Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't think he has an out clause with the contract he recently signed but I could be wrong...

He can stay in Seattle. He just straight up wastes first round picks on player trades that have rarely been worth it. He can draft o lineman to save his life and his overall drafts have been well below average for years. Strong pass for me. I’d much rather go with Wolf or Gut. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MM will either be given an extension lasting the duration of our new GMs deal (90%likely) or fired when we announce our GM (10% likely and most likely means we went outside the organization).

Hadn't even thought about the fact Mike could still be fired until this...

12 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Associated Press reports Ted Thompson will be transitioning more toward the marketing side of things. Press conferences, commercials, fan parties, and anything with a speaking role to further his passion of relaying information to the fans and the press

LOL!!!    xD

39 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I love that it sounds like he's staying in a scouting aspect. He's talked about this before. That's a nice asset. Then this redefined roles thing sounds good too. Like maybe a couple dudes getting high level money to keep them

As anti-TT as I am, I'm all for this. He has a a lot of good knowledge and I'm fine keeping him around, just not as GM.

Its gotta be an in house candidate. There is no way in hell, Mark Murphy would let McCarthy remove coaches without knowing who the GM is. What if the GM hates chubby coaches? Wants a defensive minded guy? It has to be Gut, Wolf or Ball. 

Just now, cannondale said:

Nothing public - agreed. He was blocked from interviewing for a GM job if I recall correctly. That says something. I'm obviously connecting very faint dots

I think that was specifically for the the Bears though.  We let both Gutekunst and Wolf interview in San Francisco 

Archived