Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wolf has been preparing for this since he was a teen. I mean his last name helps, but any young guy who was actively in scouting for that long would excite us. I just hope it's him. Chance for another decade + run if he pans out at his age.

truthfully, i full support whatever route they go with these guys. The men in charge are brilliant at their jobs, so I have full faith in them to make the right call.

1 minute ago, tredpack said:

Its gotta be an in house candidate. There is no way in hell, Mark Murphy would let McCarthy remove coaches without knowing who the GM is. What if the GM hates chubby coaches? Wants a defensive minded guy? It has to be Gut, Wolf or Ball. 

This has probably been planned for a while. GB isn’t reactionary in their front office. This isn’t just because we had a losing season. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MM will either be given an extension lasting the duration of our new GMs deal (90%likely) or fired when we announce our GM (10% likely and most likely means we went outside the organization).

Why not a 1-year extension for McCarthy, see if with a healthy Rodgers, new blood on the Defensive staff, and an infusion of some better talent the team responds accordingly in 2018 and, if not, let the new GM pick his coach for 2019?

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

This has probably been planned for a while. GB isn’t reactionary in their front office. This isn’t just because we had a losing season. 

Been meaning to ask if anyone thinks maybe this was the plan for a while

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Scot McCloughan as a darkhorse candidate perhaps? Started out in GB under Ron Wolf and worked in Seattle with Schneider. Has shown to be a pretty good talent evaluator during his time in SF and with Washington recently

He has had some alcohol issues for quite a while now. Pretty well known. I don't think anyone is gonna put him in charge of anything anytime soon

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Scot McCloughan as a darkhorse candidate perhaps? Started out in GB under Ron Wolf and worked in Seattle with Schneider. Has shown to be a pretty good talent evaluator during his time in SF and with Washington recently

That was the one with the drinking problems or whatever right?

Just now, cannondale said:

Does signing Linsley and Adams also point to  the next GM being in house ?

very possible, OR GB knew they needed to get those players extended and be able to put some of the prorated SB into the 2017 season.

Archived