Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If they want Gute as their top personnel guy, why not just hire him as GM and be done with it? The Ball thing continues to make zero sense to me other than a pure powerplay by TT (with Murphy's help) to keep his exact system intact. 

I really don't think Thompson is behind any power play to hold power .. he's old and just wants to look at film and maybe taking some scouting trips.  Ball isn't the typical GM, but he's an awesome front office guy from all accounts .. well qualified .. just doesn't have that scouting background that has worked so well for us.  It won't be the end of the world no matter who gets hired.  All of the candidates are highly qualified. 

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

GB isn’t dead... just likely have to give premier picks to make it happen. It will truly test if they want Schneider that badly or not.

I wouldnt be real keen on giving up first round picks .. that's too much.  2nd rounder .. yeah okay ... 3rd and 5th .. done deal. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If they want Gute as their top personnel guy, why not just hire him as GM and be done with it? The Ball thing continues to make zero sense to me other than a pure powerplay by TT (with Murphy's help) to keep his exact system intact. 

Why would TT step down to begin with if he wanted some sort of "powerplay"?

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wouldnt be real keen on giving up first round picks .. that's too much.  2nd rounder .. yeah okay ... 3rd and 5th .. done deal. 

Remember it took 2-1sts and 2- 2nds to get Gruden from Oakland to TB.

im sure GB wants Schneider... if they are willing to pay the price is another story. From Seattle’s pov... Schneider is only 46, he could be a GM for 20 more years. A 3rd isn’t going to cut it. Again it depends how much GB wants him.

I wouldn't be okay with giving some left over out of bounds line paint for Schneider.  There are good personnel guys available.  Not like the guy has the 1950-2000 Sports Almanac to look at to see which players will be good.  I don't want to give them any more resources.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

im sure GB wants Schneider... if they are willing to pay the price is another story. From Seattle’s pov... Schneider is only 46, he could be a GM for 20 more years. A 3rd isn’t going to cut it. Again it depends how much GB wants him.

Gruden was a high profile head coach .. I can't imagine it would cost anything near that for a good gm. 

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

Then why would Murphy "help" TT by arranging Ball as his replacement if Murphy forced TT to step down to begin with?

Because they are close pals, as is Ball. I'm not conjuring this out of thin air, heck Silverstein or one of those reporters just had a story where this was brought up. 

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

This is Green Bay. We dont trade picks for players, I doubt we'll do it for a GM. Just my 2 cents.

Just now, dcerb44 said:

The other is what? 

Ted’s secretly trying to spite the Packers because he had to step down? 

Not in his mind.  He probably loves Ball and thinks he's the best, natural replacement, as I'm sure others do as well. I disagree with that position. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Not in his mind.  He probably loves Ball and thinks he's the best, natural replacement, as I'm sure others do as well. I disagree with that position. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fair enough. Just felt you were implying he was going against what was best for the team due to the demotion. 

I could see him supporting Ball for a variety of reasons. You back the guys you feel will achieve success. Wouldn’t have a problem with him doing that behind closed doors. 

Either way, still firmly believe Murphy will make the right choice as to what he believes is best for the team. 

Archived