Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Trade Eliot Wolf to the Seahawks for Schneider

Something like this might happen. They might say give us a pick and you can’t block any of your guys from us.

So they could hire Eliot or Brian away.

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Trade Eliot Wolf to the Seahawks for Schneider

By most accounts, Wolf is unlikely to remain in the Packers FO if/when he does not get the Packers GM position.

I think SEA working with Scheider is as likely a spot as any for Wolf to land. 

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Peanut Tillman was clamoring for a job IIRC

Sure, but he hasn't played a snap since 2015. Do we really think a guy that has been straight up retired since then was any sort of answer? I feel like if we make that or a similar signing the result is a huge disappointment and people saying we weren't trying in FA because we went for a "washed up" guy who "obviously didn't have anything left in the tank" when really we should have gone for a "real" solution (the elusive guy who couldn't make any 53 but still has it as a starter and is waiting for the Packers to call mid-season).

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Its starting to appear that those needed changes in the organisation is slowing becoming one of our worst fears.

TT steps down but still retains his scouting role - fine

Promote someone within the organisation to be our new GM. - expected but fine

Bennett is let go and is replaced by a familar face in Philbin - errr....ok

Capers is fired and coach is likely to be promoted from within. - WTF

New QB coach is likey to be McAdoo - FFS

Just how much have we changed for the better really? o.O

Capers gone might be what will eventually make us better.  Our  offense led by #12 is a force so if we can fix this defense 2018 could be a heck of a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Going to test Murphy and Green Bay if they truly want Schneider. 

Seattle blocking is probably enough reason for Mark Murphy to go back to the guy he's wanted all along .. Russ Ball.  Hope not, but if you told me that it would be Ball as GM and Gutekunst or Wolf is his ace personnel man, I could probably live with it.  Just want to see the next guy be a little more aggressive the next few years.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Seattle blocking is probably enough reason for Mark Murphy to go back to the guy he's wanted all along .. Russ Ball.  Hope not, but if you told me that it would be Ball as GM and Gutekunst or Wolf is his ace personnel man, I could probably live with it.  Just want to see the next guy be a little more aggressive the next few years.  

GB isn’t dead... just likely have to give premier picks to make it happen. It will truly test if they want Schneider that badly or not.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they want Gute as their top personnel guy, why not just hire him as GM and be done with it? The Ball thing continues to make zero sense to me other than a pure powerplay by TT (with Murphy's help) to keep his exact system intact. 

Archived