Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Belichick, which would be the most amazing thing ever but obviously won't happen despite what appears to be Tom Brady's best covert efforts.

maybe he will come here for a dual DC/GM role.

Form a super-group w/ Aaron Rodgers. Win 5 SB's in a row.

33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

According to Twittersphere, Pack to name GM in the next 24-48 hours. Pretty much guarantees one of the 3 in house guys I'd say. 

Where on Twitter? Their beat writers have nothing new or claiming this neither does Ian or Adam.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Where on Twitter? Their beat writers have nothing new or claiming this neither does Ian or Adam.

Just saw someone mention Chris Mortensen said something on ESPN about it. Not seeing any other confirmation elsewhere nor was I watching ESPN. Who knows what's true with all of the back and forth we've heard on this matter. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

According to Twittersphere, Pack to name GM in the next 24-48 hours. Pretty much guarantees one of the 3 in house guys I'd say. 

Timeline isn't terribly off.  I'd imagine sometime between Monday and Wednesday we will have a new GM in place.  Speaking of GM, Gut interviewed for the Texans GM gig which would indicate to me that the rumor that Ball as GM and Gut as top personnel thing isn't necessarily true.

I don't see the need to rush anything .. there's only one other team searching for a GM.  I'd love to see the top guys actually interview.  Maybe a guy like DeCosta actually did interview .. just wants secrecy .. nobody knows?  The Packers organization has been known to keep things quiet.

19 hours ago, Acrid Josher said:

Sure, but he hasn't played a snap since 2015. Do we really think a guy that has been straight up retired since then was any sort of answer? I feel like if we make that or a similar signing the result is a huge disappointment and people saying we weren't trying in FA because we went for a "washed up" guy who "obviously didn't have anything left in the tank" when really we should have gone for a "real" solution (the elusive guy who couldn't make any 53 but still has it as a starter and is waiting for the Packers to call mid-season).

I dunno.  It wasn't this year that I meant, I meant 2016.  Sure, it wasn't a great idea.  I think people just wanted to see some churn given how much responsibility Gunter had just walked into.

Archived