Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is Green Bay. We dont trade picks for players, I doubt we'll do it for a GM. Just my 2 cents.

It’s Murphy’s call. Can any of us truly say we know what Murphy would do?

Im not saying GB should or will... but if Murphy is of the opinion Schneider should lead the Packers for the next 15+ years he could potentially make that move.

I think GM, HC and QB are all high value position that you explore all options. If GMs are soooo easy to have why not trade Schneider for an easy 2nd and get another? Reason... because you don’t let a good-great one leave if you can.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s Murphy’s call. Can any of us truly say we know what Murphy would do?

Im not saying GB should or will... but if Murphy is of the opinion Schneider should lead the Packers for the next 15+ years he could potentially make that move.

I think GM, HC and QB are all high value position that you explore all options. If GMs are soooo easy to have why not trade Schneider for an easy 2nd and get another? Reason... because you don’t let a good-great one leave if you can.

Trust me, I'd be on board for it. It would just really surprise me.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

blows my mind people want to trade draft picks for someone worse at his job than TT

it's hilarious.

Hilarious is 100% the word. I'm by no means against having Schneider, that would be fine, but I'm dying at some people and what they think of Schneider ?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

blows my mind people want to trade draft picks for someone worse at his job than TT

it's hilarious.

I'm with you on that. Only thing Schneider has over Ted is age. I said earlier I'd be ok going as high as a 2nd for JS but the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Go with Wolf or Gut at that point iMO. Still really anxious to see who we get to come in for interviews from the outside. 

4 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I'm with you on that. Only thing Schneider has over Ted is age. I said earlier I'd be ok going as high as a 2nd for JS but the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Go with Wolf or Gut at that point iMO. Still really anxious to see who we get to come in for interviews from the outside. 

Schneider and Ted are fairly close in my mind. If you strongly feel he’s the guy to bring a title back, don’t feel a third round pick is much to give up. 

I would have given up a third for Ted if he was the same age. 

Just now, dcerb44 said:

Schneider and Ted are fairly close in my mind. If you strongly feel he’s the guy to bring a title back, don’t feel a third round pick is much to give up. 

I would have given up a third for Ted if he was the same age. 

Ultimately, if Murph thinks JS is his guy and he gives up a 3rd or even a 2nd, I could live with it but I feel like Seattle would ask for much more then that in return. 

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Ultimately, if Murph thinks JS is his guy and he gives up a 3rd or even a 2nd, I could live with it but I feel like Seattle would ask for much more then that in return. 

I'd take a shot at trying to make a case to the league.   He just flat out doesn't have as much responsibility in Seattle that he'd have in GB. 

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

They would, that’s true. Personally, I wouldn’t offer a first or second anyways. Too high of draft capital to burn on a non-player acquisition. 

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd take a shot at trying to make a case to the league.   He just flat out doesn't have as much responsibility in Seattle that he'd have in GB. 

We'll see how much interest Murphy has in JS if he starts pushing it with Goodell. We'll also see if JS has any interest back because he could push the issue as well. 

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

We'll see how much interest Murphy has in JS if he starts pushing it with Goodell. We'll also see if JS has any interest back because he could push the issue as well. 

That's true .. Schneider can make things messy for Seattle if he really wants to come to GB. They won't be asking for the moon if they think they have a guy that doesn't want to stay in Seattle. I get the idea Schneider won't do that though .. he and Pete are tight and at the end of the day he's probably not be crushed to stay in Seattle where it's said that he has really grown to love the area. 

Archived