What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Trust what you want. I have paid attention for years and observed this pattern. Not sure why you think this takes insider knowledge. Agents for players that are going to be tagged routinely use the values of the tag plus the 120% value it costs the team to tag the player again as a starting point for how much guaranteed money that player should get on a long term contract. It absolutely is in a players best interest to get as much guaranteed money as possible. The agent starting negotiations anything less than that on a tagged player would not be acting in the players best interest.

Is there a comparably situation to Case? I don’t think there is. If Case wants a long term deal it’s going to be less than the franchise tag.

24 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Is there a comparably situation to Case? I don’t think there is. If Case wants a long term deal it’s going to be less than the franchise tag.

Nope. No great comparable situations. My speculation is that he'll be a lot more flexible in terms of compromising with the team than many other tagged players tend to be. If the team and Case Keenum are interested in a long term deal the best chance for that is probably before the tag is applied while the $23M guaranteed is still uncertain. Once the tag is applied the agent will negotiate based on tag parameters. 

For me there are two options:

1. You still believe in Teddy, and re-sign him to be the starter. Doesn't need to be a huge contract, but if you choose Teddy, then Keenum/Bradford aren't going to re-sign here.

2. You don't believe in Teddy, and let him go. What this means is that you need to draft a new QBOTF. You also need to sign Keenum/Bradford/Brees/whoever to a 1-2 year deal to play until the rookie is ready, but in any case you need to draft a guy for the future. 

Personally I don't believe in Teddy at all.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

For me there are two options:

1. You still believe in Teddy, and re-sign him to be the starter. Doesn't need to be a huge contract, but if you choose Teddy, then Keenum/Bradford aren't going to re-sign here.

2. You don't believe in Teddy, and let him go. What this means is that you need to draft a new QBOTF. You also need to sign Keenum/Bradford/Brees/whoever to a 1-2 year deal to play until the rookie is ready, but in any case you need to draft a guy for the future. 

Personally I don't believe in Teddy at all.

Right now I don’t believe in anyone and Teddy will be the cheapest.

Bridgewater, Sloter, rookie

The Vikings started building a team the right way in 2014, they were grooming and developing young players the right way. It all got thrown sideways when Bridgewater went down, but now that he’s healthy, it’s time to continue with the original plan. 

Just now, Worm Guts said:

Right now I don’t believe in anyone and Teddy will be the cheapest.

Teddy+Rookie is a decent option.

If it is a 1-year deal, it really doesn't matter how much it costs though. A franchise tag on Keenum is still a very good option.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Very much disagree. It’s a waste of cap space that can be used to either re-sign a better player, or use on a free agent. 

We will have plenty of cap space to re-sign players, and I don't believe we would sign any big money free agents. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

We will have plenty of cap space to re-sign players, and I don't believe we would sign any big money free agents. 

Barr, Kendricks, and Diggs are going to take up a big chunk of cap space. Spending $23M on a QB who’s not worth half that is just bad business. 

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Umm...No!

Any other option?  Bradford is done, Keenum is just another Brian Hoyer, and Teddy was a 14/9 quarterback before blowing out his knee.  The quarterback position on this team has been a non stop cycle going back to Culpepper blowing out his knee.  It isn't going to stop until they actually sign a good starter.

Archived