Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Refugee said:

If I understand it you were saying Arrowhead is an old stadium. I’m simply saying that old stadium might be getting torn down in a matter of years. The distinction is that Lambeau will not be.

We were talking about loud stadiums haha and lambeau being old and not designed for acoustics was a reason for lambeau not being very loud. I pointed to arrowhead also being old and not designed to be a noise amplifier as to maybe why that's not the biggest deal.

Edited by HighCalebR

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

We were talking about loud stadiums haha and lambeau being old and not designed for acoustics was a reason for lambeau not being very loud. I pointed to arrowhead also being old and not designed to be a noise amplifier as to maybe why that's not the biggest deal.

I think that’s more a function of actual physical design of the stadiums. An old stadium could still be acoustically more amplifying but it wasn’t done to the degree of modern stadiums. I don’t know enough about the architecture of either to compare but Lambeau is a few decades older. The new additions were definitely designed with acoustics in mind and by all accounts things are louder since they’ve sealed up the bowl.  Maybe Arrowhead already had that advantage.

https://www.packers.com/photos/transformation-of-lambeau-field-17310962

33 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think that’s more a function of actual physical design of the stadiums. An old stadium could still be acoustically more amplifying but it wasn’t done to the degree of modern stadiums. I don’t know enough about the architecture of either to compare but Lambeau is a few decades older. The new additions were definitely designed with acoustics in mind and by all accounts things are louder since they’ve sealed up the bowl.  Maybe Arrowhead already had that advantage.

https://www.packers.com/photos/transformation-of-lambeau-field-17310962

So you think arrowhead is designed better for acoustics than Lumen and that's the only thing that really matters?

Lambeau was built prior to arrowhead, yeah, but Lambeau has gone through a couple renovations since Arrowheads completion, the latest designed specifically to improve acoustics.

I think the people of KC have a little something to do with it.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

So you think arrowhead is designed better for acoustics than Lumen and that's the only thing that really matters?

Lambeau was built prior to arrowhead, yeah, but Lambeau has gone through a couple renovations since Arrowheads completion, the latest designed specifically to improve acoustics.

I think the people of KC have a little something to do with it.

I don’t think that.  I said I don’t really know about the architecture of either to compare but I do know Lambeau has been improved acoustically. Maybe AH is some kind of wonder of the world natural parabolic amplifier blasting drunk exuberance into the universe. Maybe not. I’m just saying being an old stadium doesn’t mean it can’t have some wicked acoustics.

I was once touring the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. The guide showed me several points on the ball court where you could clap and it would make a sharp chirping noise and another where you could stand on the opposite side and hear someone talk from clear across the court. That stadium was built slightly before the gridiron was ever dreamt about. 

Edited by Refugee

If we are talking about volume, the bowl design is not great for sound, look at Michigan Stadium, same basic bowl design 110,00 fans, and not overly loud. It has been loud when all 110,00 are screaming but most games are not as loud as you would expect. Compare the design to stadiums with overhangs, decks and surfaces to capture/reflect sound that really can match the decibels with a fraction of the crowd.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

If we are talking about volume, the bowl design is not great for sound, look at Michigan Stadium, same basic bowl design 110,00 fans, and not overly loud. It has been loud when all 110,00 are screaming but most games are not as loud as you would expect. Compare the design to stadiums with overhangs, decks and surfaces to capture/reflect sound that really can match the decibels with a fraction of the crowd.

Arrowhead is a bowl with a seating advantage over Lumen comparable to  Lambeaus over its own. 

I think we can all agree Lumen is masterfully built to produce the most sound. Arrowhead, however, holds the record. Arrowhead has steep 2nd level seating, Lambeau has a glass perimeter wall, metal bleachers and is mostly concrete.

The people 100% have an effect besides head count.

Edited by HighCalebR

The most recent article on Watson’s return talks about him and Stokes going to UW to get some insight on the hamstring injuries.  I guess the biggest thing they focused on was asymmetry in power of the two legs with advanced methods for feedback. I don’t know if it will translate into less soft tissue injuries but I guess it has helped improve the balance in output of the muscles. I’ll remain hopeful til given a reason to think otherwise. 

10 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Maybe someday Lambeau will be the first football sphere

nose-bleed seats will be more real

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Maybe someday Lambeau will be the first football sphere

nose-bleed seats will be more real

how high up are the above seats? Could fan interference happen on punts?  Is it illegal to drop hotdogs on opposing offenses to cause a false start?

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

how high up are the above seats? Could fan interference happen on punts?  Is it illegal to drop hotdogs on opposing offenses to cause a false start?

you've identified an industry: hot-dog nets

2 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I still struggle to cope with all the netting at MLB and NHL games! I can’t not see it when I’m trying to look through it

A few weeks ago, a guy got a foul ball right off his phone in the row in front of me.  If he could have just kept it in his pocket, he probably would have had a foul ball.  

Looks like officially got some joint practices. One getting some Rocky Mountain high before the Broncos game and then the Ravens  for a few days  when they come to GB. I think the altitude will be good from a conditioning standpoint and then Jackson hopefully gets us thinking about how we best play a mobile QB with two coming up on the schedule to open the regular season. Looks like a good deal to me.