Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -    Crazy to think the Packers had 11 selections in the 2018 draft, and depending on what happens with EQ, Oren Burks, and MVS, the only player still remaining on the roster in 2022 could be Jaire Alexander.

"It's crazy to imagine that if all the players they drafted in 2018 aren't on the team they wouldn't be on the team."

Enlightened stuff, Andy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

"It's crazy to imagine that if all the players they drafted in 2018 aren't on the team they wouldn't be on the team."

Enlightened stuff, Andy.

Is it just me or has the Packers media coverage quality fallen off a cliff just this year? Wilde and Demovsky have completely fallen off their rockers, and I feel like the press conference questions being asked are thoughtless and have no chance at inciting insightful answers.  

6 hours ago, MuFF said:

Is it just me or has the Packers media coverage quality fallen off a cliff just this year? Wilde and Demovsky have completely fallen off their rockers, and I feel like the press conference questions being asked are thoughtless and have no chance at inciting insightful answers.  

Everybody's on triple secret probation after making the organization look bad with the Rodgers vaccination questions. 

Therefore we will be deluged with a constant barrage of, "Tell me what things you're looking to work on in the offseason," type filler questions. 

Ryan Wood -   It was Brian Gutekunst’s ego that took 6 WRs off the board before Packers had a pick in Rd 1, 7 more before they had a pick in Rd 2, forcing him to ultimately settle for some monster named A.J. Dillon? That’s some pretty good ego.

• Like 1

CheeseheadLuffy -  What is there not to get? I'm a huge packers fan, and if you actually purchase this, more power to you. But its a damn sham and its pisses me off just a bit that they have the audacity to sale this common stock BS raise millions, and give the fans nothing in return.

• Tim Backes -  It allows the Packers to raise money for critical upgrades that keep them financially competitive without having to tax the **** out of brown county residents with a completely voluntary payment that also tangibly enhances the bond between fan and franchise it’s pretty simple tbh

Jordan Schultz -  Several teams - inc the Broncos - have been reaching out to the Packers about Aaron Rodgers. The issue? Green Bay has shown zero interest. With the Tom Clements hire, there’s a growing internal belief in GB that the two-time reigning MVP will remain a Packer.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Done deal....

The Green Bay Packers have hired Tom Clements as quarterbacks coach. Head Coach Matt LaFleur made the announcement Friday.

I would be curious to know if this was a topic of discussion in the meeting between the team and Rodgers when they discussed the teams future direction.  If so, this is the first domino. 

2 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

I would be curious to know if this was a topic of discussion in the meeting between the team and Rodgers when they discussed the teams future direction.  If so, this is the first domino. 

Didnt they still have a QB coach when those meetings were held?

Rob Demovsky -   One more coaching staff note: OLB coach Mike Smith is leaving the Packers to pursue other opportunities, a source said. This did not come out of the blue and has been in discussion for a while. The team agreed to let him do that and will have a new OLB coach.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -   One more coaching staff note: OLB coach Mike Smith is leaving the Packers to pursue other opportunities, a source said. This did not come out of the blue and has been in discussion for a while. The team agreed to let him do that and will have a new OLB coach.

That's a disappointing loss.

• Like 1