Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

53 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The announcement is going to come next year that every team is going to play one game in Europe. That way each team has 8 home games, 8 away games, and 1 neutral site game. 

Have you actually read this somewhere? I know the NFL obviously wants to kick up their overseas games, but moving from 3-4 of those games to 16 in the span of a season or two seems like a stretch. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have you actually read this somewhere? I know the NFL obviously wants to kick up their overseas games, but moving from 3-4 of those games to 16 in the span of a season or two seems like a stretch. 

Not officially, but it's been headed that way for a while and was alluded to at the owner's meetings IIRC

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rachel Hopmayer -  Packers Mark Murphy says Green Bay is one of three finalists to host 2024 NFL Draft. It’s between GB, Detroit and Washington, DC. They expect to hear by league meetings at end of March at the latest.

Maybe getting the draft in 2024 is the tradeoff for losing a home game in 2022? 

What's the gut feeling here, Rodg going to make the announcement tomorrow on his favorite podcast as rumored?

I would think if he were to be traded the team would make that announcement, but if he was going to stay here they'd let him do it, especially with the brass at the combine....

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

What's the gut feeling here, Rodg going to make the announcement tomorrow on his favorite podcast as rumored?

I would think if he were to be traded the team would make that announcement, but if he was going to stay here they'd let him do it, especially with the brass at the combine....

Nothing happens "trade-wise" until AR makes his decision known.

The only question is whether AR will advise GB privately before announcing it publicly.  
I think he should. Dont know what he'll do. 

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not officially, but it's been headed that way for a while and was alluded to at the owner's meetings IIRC

It's the only thing that makes the 17 game schedule make sense. And with outreach to Germany, Mexico, etc, it seems like they'll expand to try to have as many as a half dozen sites to host those games.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The only question is whether AR will advise GB privately before announcing it publicly.  

Based on reports that he has a healthy relationship with management, one would think he would let them know first even if he decides to see what another NFL city is like before he retires.

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rachel Hopmayer -  Packers Mark Murphy says Green Bay is one of three finalists to host 2024 NFL Draft. It’s between GB, Detroit and Washington, DC. They expect to hear by league meetings at end of March at the latest.

I think it would be really cool to have the draft in Green Bay. I know they have been working towards that for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think it would be really cool to have the draft in Green Bay. I know they have been working towards that for a long time.

Where would they hold it? In the Atrium of the stadium?
These things have gotta kinda large.....

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

There is no doubt the team would know before any announcement is made.  The question is do both sides already know.

If there is a trade the team would want to control that announcement, if he stays I don't think they'd care who announced it.  My take is a decision has already been made and both sides know all about it.  Just a matter of when to announce it.