Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Extensions for Adams and Jaire better be less than 48 hrs away then. 

We've upgraded no where, and we're worse at TE, WR, OT, EDGE and CB. 

Well you've seen what they've been doing, what do you think is coming? Do you think they're going to half-*** this?

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Well you've seen what they've been doing, what do you think is coming? Do you think they're going to half-*** this?

I go to bed every night and tell myself no way they would, and that's what lets me wake up in the morning, but now I'm growing impatient.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I fundamentally disagree with this. There's WR talent coming out and making considerable contribution from the start. I simply dont accept that AR wont throw to them. To me - thats an HC matter. AR cant "retard" the progess and production of the offense because he's "picky" who he'll throw to. Thats simply unacceptable to me.

It's been going on for more than a decade now, why would an even more empowered Rodgers change now. MLF can do nothing about. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I go to bed every night and tell myself no way they would, and that's what lets me wake up in the morning, but now I'm growing impatient.

Don't let people like Rapoport influence you away from logic. He's being dramatic because that's part of the job description these days. They're not going so far out of character with all the can kicking they've done so far, to allow for the possibility of Adams sitting out half the season or walking after a tag year. It's also benefits them cap wise to get an extension done which further cements it will get done. They're simply doing the dance they have to do because Adams too knows an extension helps their current cap. Start out low and work their way up. Ultimately their worst case Adams contract still benefits them. They just have to be under the cap tomorrow. A few small moves can get them compliant. They can clear more room to add useful pieces in the coming days and weeks. That said, an Alexander extension would be no surprise tomorrow.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Extensions for Adams and Jaire better be less than 48 hrs away then. 

We've upgraded no where, and we're worse at TE, WR, OT, EDGE and CB. 

Now don't be bringing reality to the table when the guy is trying to spin the 'everything is wonderful in fantasy land' take. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't let people like Rapoport influence you away from logic. He's being dramatic because that's part of the job description these days. They're not going so far out of character with all the can kicking they've done so far, to allow for the possibility of Adams sitting out half the season or walking after a tag year. It's also benefits them cap wise to get an extension done which further cements it will get done. They're simply doing the dance they have to do because Adams too knows an extension helps their current cap. Start out low and work their way up. Ultimately their worst case Adams contract still benefits them. They just have to be under the cap tomorrow. A few small moves can get them compliant. They can clear more room to add useful pieces in the coming days and weeks. That said, an Alexander extension would be no surprise tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a "all in draft" either. Something ballsy like when we traded up for Matthews...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

All they need to do before 4PM tomorrow is to get under the cap (including possibly some RFA tags that need to be applied).  Everything else doesn't need to happen before the league year starts.

Wouldn't a Cobb cut put them there? I know Cobb will be back, but isn't it as easy as that?

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Now don't be bringing reality to the table when the guy is trying to spin the 'everything is wonderful in fantasy land' take. 

The oddsmakers seem to side with everything is looking pretty good for the Packers.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

BTW, their Super Bowl odds have been chopped in half since the Packers went to work in advance of the new league year this past week. Reality is squarely on the side of things are headed in the right direction after Rodgers committed and they did what they had to do with the cap.

It's the doom and gloom that's gone irrational around here.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Wouldn't a Cobb cut put them there? I know Cobb will be back, but isn't it as easy as that?

Cobb cut to be re-signed on a smaller deal later and then possibly one additional small restructure or cut. It's not much.

That said, Alexander's new deal is no doubt an immediate priority given the all-in approach. I'm sure they'd like to be in the mix on a few guys right when deals with free agents can be inked.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 2

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Cobb cut to be re-signed on a smaller deal later and then possibly one additional small restructure or cut. It's not much.

If you can't hit a home run on Alexander tomorrow there could be an Amos extension. There are so many moving parts to all of this. People act like the brass has been sitting on their *** this whole last season. The Packers plan for the future weather it is draft and develop, All in, or maybe... Just crazy enough maybe, a combination of both?! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Cut Cobb and it all come crumbling down. He's the card holding this house of cards up.
Cut Cobb and AR rescinds his agreement to sign....Davante doesnt sign....and cap oblivion is visited on Green Bay.
Oh...and we've lost all our trade partners for AR.

<insert braking sound here.....tires screeching to an ABRUPT stop!>

Pleasant dreams @Packerraymond  :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cut Cobb and it all come crumbling down. He's the card holding this house of cards up.
Cut Cobb and AR rescinds his agreement to sign....Davante doesnt sign....and cap oblivion is visited on Green Bay.
Oh...and we've lost all our trade partners for AR.

<insert braking sound here.....tires screeching to an ABRUPT stop!>

Pleasant dreams @Packerraymond  :)

Cobb would be back. He already knows he wont be back at his number. It's about being under that cap for the new league year. Once again, there are many conversations that happen that people either pretend don't happen, or can't imagine possibly happen. NFL negotiations are not like the Madden video games negotiations 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 2