Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What does any of that have to do with Jaire?

The post indicates we need cash to operate this season....and I was thinking a Jaire extension could/would be a good source of cap relief.

I suppose any number of contracts could be tweaked...I just happened to mention the Jaire example as I think (dont know - but think....) it could provide the greatest relief.

Edited by Leader

8 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I think we tag and trade Jaire this offseason 

Why? They started talking extension with his agent at the scouting combine. They want Jaire on this team. Why do people think he isn’t in their future plans? Don’t let the Adams situation affect your view on this one.

Ben Fennell -  I don't see much challenge/competition/depth in the secondary or offensive line. Pick one guy behind 10 starters (5 DBs, and 5 OL) that is going to challenge anyone for their spot or be a high level rotational piece/backup?

Rhyan at OG? No clue...

Matt Schneidman and Bill Huber discuss their takeaways from the Packers’ 11-player draft class. They discuss the added help on defense, the new trio of WRs and depth to the offensive line. Plus, what areas of the roster still need improvement? They talk about the positions of need ahead of rookie minicamp and the next wave of free agency.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/head-of-the-pack-a-show-about-the-green-bay-packers/id1530613431?i=1000559409146

Andy Herman -  Maybe the most interesting part of the Packers’ depth chart right now is defensive back. The top 5 - Savage, Amos, Douglas, Stokes, Jaire - are really good. But after those 5 there’s not a single DB that Green Bay can have much trust in right now. That could be a big issue.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Maybe the most interesting part of the Packers’ depth chart right now is defensive back. The top 5 - Savage, Amos, Douglas, Stokes, Jaire - are really good. But after those 5 there’s not a single DB that Green Bay can have much trust in right now. That could be a big issue.

The sky is always falling group needs something to panic about. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

So are we going with Wirtel as the LS? Surprised they didn't bring in some competition, or did I miss it?

They have at least one college FA scheduled to be in this coming weekend for a tryout.

Cameron Kaye - Troy  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -  I don't see much challenge/competition/depth in the secondary or offensive line. Pick one guy behind 10 starters (5 DBs, and 5 OL) that is going to challenge anyone for their spot or be a high level rotational piece/backup?

Rhyan at OG? No clue...

This is kind of dumb. We have 3, probably 4, guys that are good players and entrenched as a starter--Bakh, Elgton, Myers, Runyan. There is a battle for RG and we have a lot of candidates--Newman, Rhyan, Tom and a battle for RT until Elgton returns (Yosh, Rhyan, Tom). This OL looks pretty damn good. We have 8 good ones and recent draft picks (Van Lanen and Walker) probably battling it out for the final OL spot.

2 minutes ago, R T said:

:) It's interesting the different takes you have - or different than mine at least. I dont see that as Herman's style at all. A similar "concern" could be raised over other positions as well - but it will all be addressed.

1 minute ago, TheEagle said:

This is kind of dumb. We have 3, probably 4, guys that are good players and entrenched as a starter--Bakh, Elgton, Myers, Runyan. There is a battle for RG and we have a lot of candidates--Newman, Rhyan, Tom and a battle for RT until Elgton returns (Yosh, Rhyan, Tom). This OL looks pretty damn good. We have 8 good ones and recent draft picks (Van Lanen and Walker) probably battling it out for the final OL spot.

So apparently you and Fennel disagree only on there being a solid starter for the OL. I'd guess he has a more solid RG starter - you see comp. Not a big difference IMO.

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Our running back group is pretty strong with Jones and Dillon. But if something happens to them both we could be in trouble

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I mean how many teams run this deep already in the secondary? Sometimes you need to rely on the development of guys like Shemar Jean Charles. I'd like to see what teams have secondary's that are much deeper then the Packers. 

• Like 1