Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Surprised they didn't give Cliff Ford to like 40 million guaranteed after drafting him in the 5th round.

I dont know what the big hullaballoo is about the guy. He's a backup (who will probably never see the field for us when it matters) who has to polish his game for the next level. There's hundreds of these guys entering the league.

I've not watched much of him at all....but the read isnt bad....so, I'll cut him some slack till I see him this preseason.

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Yah Herman is pretty good.  He's mostly right.  Only 2 vets I'd consider bringing back are Amos and Lewis.  Otherwise forget it.  Throw the rooks into the fire and let them learn.  Great year to do that.  Should use 2023 as an evaluation year.  Same with Barry play aggressive and don't worry about it.  Let the dogs eat.  If they hit some big plays so what.  We aren't chasing a ring so screw it.  I could understand when going all in with Rodgers being a little more conservative makes sense.  Not this year.  Haven't looked so forward to a season in a long time.  Should be fun.  A low bar makes the team more dangerous. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know what the big hullaballoo is about the guy. He's a backup (who will probably never see the field for us when it matters) who has to polish his game for the next level. There's hundreds of these guys entering the league.

I've not watched much of him at all....but the read isnt bad....so, I'll cut him some slack till I see him this preseason.

IDK how to explain this to people who don't watch college football. 

IDGAF about the 5th, whoever we picked would have probably been not good. He's just like a legit meme of bad QB play for a major school. There's been worse, many many. But they don't get ******* drafted.

This is like my Kizer hate, if anyone remembers that. It's not a huge deal. But it just annoys me to no end. But at least Kizer had physical ability. 

And you can't polish a turd. 

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

IDK how to explain this to people who don't watch college football. 

IDGAF about the 5th, whoever we picked would have probably been not good. He's just like a legit meme of bad QB play for a major school. There's been worse, many many. But they don't get ******* drafted.

This is like my Kizer hate, if anyone remembers that. It's not a huge deal. But it just annoys me to no end. But at least Kizer had physical ability. 

And you can't polish a turd. 

Well I guess that makes me the lucky one then. I dont know him to be a turd. When I see him play at this next level, I'll have a better idea. I dont get the sense that Clifford was holding back the Penn State program.

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

There isn't a single name on that list that I'd want to sign.  I have to think GB will be rolling with what they have at WR.  For better or worse, the GB passing game in 2023 will look nothing like what we've seen in the recent past with Rodgers/Adams. 

I'm genuinely excited to see how the offense shakes out, but it's easy to understand why outsiders do not expect much from GB this season. 

I agree that the Packers will sit tight but I feel Landry could offer some confidence of being in the right position as a veteran and be a nice security blanket for Love. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

This really was the difference maker last year IMO. I'm pretty sure we were great in the red zone (gold zone) the previous few years and terrible last year. 

His follow up tweet says we were at 74% 91% and 72% from 21-19 respectively.

Rodgers/MLF had no idea what to do without DA.

• Like 1

Acme Packing -  Now that their quarterback situation has been settled, the Packers’ attention will turn to pass-rusher Rashan Gary, who currently has twice the salary (game checks) of any other player on the 2023 roster. Gary’s fifth-year option is worth $10.9 million, meaning that any extension of the 25-year-old will be extremely likely to bring his 2023 cap hit down.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023/5/4/23710697/green-bay-packers-rashan-gary-contract-extension-jordan-love-contract-terms-update-2023-salary-cap