Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Norm said:

IDK how to explain this to people who don't watch college football. 

IDGAF about the 5th, whoever we picked would have probably been not good. He's just like a legit meme of bad QB play for a major school. There's been worse, many many. But they don't get ******* drafted.

This is like my Kizer hate, if anyone remembers that. It's not a huge deal. But it just annoys me to no end. But at least Kizer had physical ability. 

And you can't polish a turd. 

I think you should title all the PS game threads this year. I’ll look forward to hearing your real time commentary on the Clifford experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah Herman is pretty good.  He's mostly right.  Only 2 vets I'd consider bringing back are Amos and Lewis.  Otherwise forget it.  Throw the rooks into the fire and let them learn.  Great year to do that.  Should use 2023 as an evaluation year.  Same with Barry play aggressive and don't worry about it.  Let the dogs eat.  If they hit some big plays so what.  We aren't chasing a ring so screw it.  I could understand when going all in with Rodgers being a little more conservative makes sense.  Not this year.  Haven't looked so forward to a season in a long time.  Should be fun.  A low bar makes the team more dangerous. 

The only ones I would have wanted are Cobb and Lewis.  Cobb is out of the picture now.  If I were in charge, Lewis would have a spot on the Packers until he decides he doesn't want to play any more.  Sign him to his usual 2 million and change.  I don't care if it is an overpay for production.  He is a great locker room guy, and would greatly benefit the development of the young TEs on the roster.  

To me, Amos looked done last season.  If we are going to be sub par, let's at least be young and cheap too.  Who knows? Maybe they will just be fast enough to make it work.  

But as for the WRs.  Cut them loose.  

"All-Pro kick returner Keisean Nixon has only one thing left on his offseason wishlist for the Green Bay Packers: Bring back tight end Marcedes Lewis.

Nixon made his wish known in a Twitter post on Tuesday night.

“Bring 89 back,” Nixon wrote.

Cornerback Rasul Douglas echoed the sentiment while sharing Nixon’s post: “He’s the definition of a leader.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/05/keisean-nixon-rasul-douglas-want-packers-to-bring-back-marcedes-lewis/

“I didn’t really want to go anywhere. I had conversations with my agent, and I feel like it was the best situation was for me to come back here regardless of what other teams offered,” Nixon said. “I got here, I got comfortable, and I met so many gerat people. I want to make this home.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/05/keisean-nixon-on-returning-to-packers-i-want-to-make-this-home/

18 hours ago, Norm said:

IDGAF about the 5th, whoever we picked would have probably been not good. He's just like a legit meme of bad QB play for a major school. There's been worse, many many. But they don't get ******* drafted.

Dayne Crist comes to mind

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:37 AM, incognito_man said:

I'd take a vet WR over QB3 every time. QB3 is a waste. How many teams carried 3 QBs last year? Feels like it's getting less and less popular off the top of my head

Getting caught up on the thread now since I worked a lot this week and missed a ton but it would be wise for the NFL to let teams carry a 3rd QB outside the scope of gameday or total roster restrictions. Make it essentially 54 and 47 gameday with the 54th and 47th man having to be QB3. No reason not to do that with such an important position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

There's an OTA/Training Camp thread.....

In his defense, it was buried way down the page at the time he posted it. Only know that because I saw it not long after reading that post. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

In his defense, it was buried way down the page at the time he posted it. Only know that because I saw it not long after reading that post. 

No defense required. I dont care where he posts it. Was just letting him know one had been opened.