Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Agreed.  Just a poorly written piece.

I don't totally disagree, though.  It's just that we are too young to really know what we have.

Kenny Clark, Devondre Campbell, Ja Alexander, Rashan Gary, David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Aaron Jones. There are seven guys who play at or above a pro-bowl level and we have the 27th best roster in the NFL. 

You should totally disagree. Now, throw in some of the young guys who are bound to take a leap and it's not hard to see our rosters it top 10, worst case. The caveat and what all these clowns are betting against is Jordan Love. 

If Rodgers were on this team these same idiots would be touting our roster as top 5 in the league. If they have nothing intelligent to write, how about they keep their pie hole shut. 

Can't wait until the Packers make these 'journalists' look the fools they are. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Kenny Clark, Devondre Campbell, Ja Alexander, Rashan Gary, David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Aaron Jones. There are seven guys who play at or above a pro-bowl level and we have the 27th best roster in the NFL. 

You should totally disagree. Now, throw in some of the young guys who are bound to take a leap and it's not hard to see our rosters it top 10, worst case. The caveat and what all these clowns are betting against is Jordan Love. 

If Rodgers were on this team these same idiots would be touting our roster as top 5 in the league. If they have nothing intelligent to write, how about they keep their pie hole shut. 

Can't wait until the Packers make these 'journalists' look the fools they are. 

Elite:  JA.  And no one else.

Near Elite:  Bakh (when health), Jenkins (when healthy), Jones, Campbell.

Really good:  Clark.  Gary (when healthy)

Solid:  Douglas, Stokes (hopefully), Dillon (though he could be a tier less). P.

Meh:  Myers, Runyan, Nijman, Deguara

Man, this guys can really stink up the joint:  Savage and all the safeties.  

Thought we got a new snapper, we will have a new kicker and a punt who looks pretty decent.  Oh, and Nixon, he's near elite as a returner.

We don't really know what they are just yet:  Love, Watson, Doubs, LVN, Wyatt, Walker, Tom, Kraft, Musgrave, Reed.

Yeah, if you want to say our roster is good, have at it.  To me that is a pessimistic outlook, and I can't blame anyone for that.

Me?  I'll go that we have sooooo many young guys that we don't really know what we have yet.  I lean towards us being quite good, but with a slow start as these kids acclimate to the game.  

And if I were a betting man, I'd take the over on that line.  We are an unknown now, but by week 7 we will not be.  And I like our young talent.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

Elite:  JA.  And no one else.

Near Elite:  Bakh (when health), Jenkins (when healthy), Jones, Campbell.

Really good:  Clark.  Gary (when healthy)

Solid:  Douglas, Stokes (hopefully), Dillon (though he could be a tier less).

Meh:  Myers, Runyan, Nijman, Deguara

Man, this guys can really stink up the joint:  Savage and all the safeties.  

Thought we got a new snapper, we will have a new kicker and a punt who looks pretty decent.  Oh, and Nixon, he's near elite as a returner.

We don't really know what they are just yet:  Love, Watson, Doubs, LVN, Wyatt, Walker, Tom, Kraft, Musgrave, Reed.

Yeah, if you want to say our roster is good, have at it.  To me that is a pessimistic outlook, and I can't blame anyone for that.

Me?  I'll go that we have sooooo many young guys that we don't really know what we have yet.  I lean towards us being quite good, but with a slow start as these kids acclimate to the game.  

And if I were a betting man, I'd take the over on that line.  We are an unknown now, but by week 7 we will not be.  And I like our young talent.

LOL! Gary is absolutely ELITE! 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! Gary is absolutely ELITE! 

LOL.  No he isn't you HOMER!!!  :)

You can't be elite if you've played for 4 years and still don't have a double digit sack season.  

You can, however, be the next tier below or so.....with a lot of potential left.

But he isn't there yet.  There's a lot more upside left in him.  

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  No he isn't you HOMER!!!  :)

You can't be elite if you've played for 4 years and still don't have a double digit sack season.  

You can, however, be the next tier below or so.....with a lot of potential left.

But he isn't there yet.  There's a lot more upside left in him.  

Packers: Incredible stat shows why Rashan Gary is an elite pass rusher (lombardiave.com)

Thinking of Gary...I'm trying to remember...does he have an iconic play yet in his career?  Or some play that really shifts a game?

I think it was Clay's rookie year when he simply took the ball from Adrian Peterson and started running with it.

10, 13.5 6, 13.  Clay's sack total over his first 4 years.  51, 60, 50, 43 combined tackles.  21, 25,25,24 QB hits. (55 games)

2, 5, 9.5, 6 Gary's sack total over his first 4 years.  21, 35, 47, 32 combined tackles.  3, 11, 28, 12 QB hits.  (56 games)

Not saying Gary won't be elite, but he isn't just yet.  The really cool thing about him is that he's worked really hard, gotten better and he still isn't but about 80% of what he can be.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

If Gary is elite, then Preston is Super Elite X2.

12, 4, 9, 8.5.  Sacks the past 4 years.  56, 42, 38, 59 Combined tackles.  23, 11, 17, 20 QB hits.  (62 games)

And sorry friends, P ain't elite either.

Again, Gary is elite, Preston is not. NO homerism on my part. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Gary is elite = Truth X 100. 

Six sacks in 9 games last year. He was going over 10 last year. Sacks are not the end all be all either. HE is elite against the run as well. 

How many Z have in a small sample size, too?  I mean, you don't know ANYTHING about what he would have had if it weren't for the injury.

And no, if you want to believe Gary is elite, then your definition of elite is meets mine at very good.  

Gary ain't no Clay, and he was elite.  He ain't even Preston Smith.  

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Again, Gary is elite, Preston is not. NO homerism on my part. 

Complete and utter homerism.  Dude hasn't even gotten to double digit sacks for a year in his career and you call that elite as an EDGE player.  

19 guys had double digit sacks last year.  

The next time Gary has 10, it will be his first time.  

11 EDGE guys had double digit sacks.  I wouldn't label all of them as elite guys, either.

He's very good, with room to be better.  And unknown due to injury status.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Complete and utter homerism.  Dude hasn't even gotten to double digit sacks for a year in his career and you call that elite as an EDGE player.  

19 guys had double digit sacks last year.  

The next time Gary has 10, it will be his first time.  

11 EDGE guys had double digit sacks.  I wouldn't label all of them as elite guys, either.

He's very good, with room to be better.  And unknown due to injury status.

Today I learned that Kyler Fackrell is elite and Rashan Gary is not.

• Like 4