Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, craig said:

That is really interesting, thanks RT.  I certainly admit that I don't always recognize what's at fault when run plays fail.  

I admit my 2nd-round-draft-a-tackle had initially imagined Myers as the mongo-sized center being unusually good as a run-blocker.  What do the stats-things say about his run-blocking capacity?  

But RT, to argue it from a different side:  The stat listed by packfan 6 hours ago suggested Jones was top-3 in above-expected gain.  So, track my logic:

1. Elite runner with above-expect gains.
  2. Packers were right around league-average in running efficiency.
  3. If an elite runner with above-expected gains still gets you only to average, doesn't it follow that the "expected" gains were below average? 

In other words, if the run-blocking is good and the runner is almost elite, that shouldn't add up to average run-efficiency, it should result in above-average efficiency.  Some factor has to be below average if the factors only add up to a league-average running efficiency.

RG

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm surprised there isn't a Simone Biles thread yet

Well, it does seem to be the first time that a Packer wife is more famous than her husband. Aaron got close twice—maybe three times if you focus on the Worldwide Wiccan community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Well, it does seem to be the first time that a Packer wife is more famous than her husband. Aaron got close twice—maybe three times if you focus on the Worldwide Wiccan community.

Don't forget about about Keisean's wife Thelma Catherine "Pat"

Mrs Crosby tweeted to Simone Biles Twitter which she has since deleted

Sad we will miss you, we just ended a 16 year run with the team…that being said…I’ve got stuff I need to share with you. Little city with a big heart and some AMAZING stores and restaurants. We loved our time there and so will you! Let’s talk coats, boots, custom packer gear…

— Molly Crosby (@molly_c_crosby) May 13, 2023

46 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

27th ranked roster and bet the under on 7.5 wins. I’ve never done the formal sports betting but this might be the year

That's what passes for journalism nowadays. Claiming we've got one of the worst rosters and only talking about the receiver corp. Interesting

12 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

That's what passes for journalism nowadays. Claiming we've got one of the worst rosters and only talking about the receiver corp. Interesting

Agreed.  Just a poorly written piece.

I don't totally disagree, though.  It's just that we are too young to really know what we have.

• Like 1