Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No Atari Bigby?

If we look at our scrap heap safeties, we have actually done pretty well, considering the investment.  

Bigby was undrafted but bounced around a few teams and eventually made his way to the Packers’ PS, later to make the 53 but not initially. 

I love the list of the underdogs. Some solid names there, even is most were role players. You need those guys to keep the engine humming. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What the F

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I would assume a trade like this would involve sending jones/dillon over there?

I'll just say, glad this didn't happen. I'd have given them Dillon and a 3rd. This might be the one instance where we should have the cap space to give a RB a decent deal and it made sense. Nothing crazy but a decent contract. 

Does anyone watch locked in Packers? WHY THE **** DOES THE GUY CALL HIM RUSSELL DOUGLAS? Is that really how it's pronounced? I've heard him do it at least 100 times so I assume that's how Douglas wants it or is this guy just wrong?

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'll just say, glad this didn't happen. I'd have given them Dillon and a 3rd. This might be the one instance where we should have the cap space to give a RB a decent deal and it made sense. Nothing crazy but a decent contract. 

Yeah, thinking it over I'd agree. Jones is probably cut next year for cap purposes. Dillon will receive an offer from us, but I'd argue he's been something of a disappointment for a 2nd round pick. So there's a chance Dillon gets a better offer in free agency next year. If the colts were desperate to have him out of the building, it's worth the call.

Just now, Norm said:

Does anyone watch locked in Packers? WHY THE **** DOES THE GUY CALL HIM RUSSELL DOUGLAS? Is that really how it's pronounced? I've heard him do it at least 100 times so I assume that's how Douglas wants it or is this guy just wrong?

There is no Russell, only Sul. 

The Gatekeeper, also known as Zuul, is the "Terror Dog" who eventually possesses Dana Barrett in the first Ghostbusters movie. It is a demigod that was worshipped in 6000 BC by the Hittites, Mesopotamians, and Sumerians as a minion of Gozer, the shape-shifting god of destruction.

• Like 2