Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Ross is either intentionally being a **** or doesn't understand English. 

"Coaches going through a self-scout.' I take that as the coaches are all getting together and being introspective on their shortcomings and trying to make corrections. It does not intimate Barry is scouting himself. 

I think his point is that if this is how he coached them the first time, why would you trust him to be critical in his evaluation?  Why would he be good at that?

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think his point is that if this is how he coached them the first time, why would you trust him to be critical in his evaluation?  Why would he be good at that?

1 time, ok sure. How'd we **** up? Is it a player deficiency? A personnel problem? Just a bad day? Let's fix that.

After the 10th time. Idk about the self scout anymore. If they don't know what the problem is inside the room it's time to get some outside voices.

• Like 1

All humor aside, I thought self-scout meant the offense decides how they would attack the defense and the defense decides how they would defend the offense, and then they trade notes and talk about how they could be better. 

At least it's an opportunity for MLF to tell Barry to load up the box on short yardage plays, especially on the goal line, because he would run the ball right up the gut against a two man line.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

1 time, ok sure. How'd we **** up? Is it a player deficiency? A personnel problem? Just a bad day? Let's fix that.

After the 10th time. Idk about the self scout anymore. If they don't know what the problem is inside the room it's time to get some outside voices.

Yeah, I think Barry is a net negative for the team.  Creating/fostering a culture of complacency and tacitly accepting less than excellence as the standard.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Because I believe it will be the other coaches evaluating each other. It was MLF being MFL, which is polite and respectful of to his coaches.

I would not be surprised if the offensive coaches are telling the defensive coaches how they would attack our defense and vice versa. For the offensive coaches it's quite easy, light box, jamming it down your throat all day long.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The thing about have a "track record" of turning it around necessarily means you must also then have a track record of getting turned around. 

Yeah, no doubt.  When you coach as long as tomlin/pete carroll/John Harbaugh et al, inevitably it goes south at a few junctures.  

Guess we'll see if MLF is up to the task like they are.  Harbaugh and Tomlin are the best of the best at adapting mid season.