Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have fans even been that hard on Myers? I think this narrative has largely been created out of nowhere. I know there's been some discussion about it, and the consensus seems to be that he's been very good as a pass blocker, maybe average as a run blocker and his biggest problem is that he has too many "whiff" plays. That about sums it up right? 

Yes. Yes they have. Good solid chunk of people believe he has no business starting. Take a stroll through that twitter post of Gutes comment just for a little hors d'oeuvres de dumbass.

Guy has stiffness through his hips which limits his cod and counters/some of the more agile guys are going to get him from time to time. But there's worse weaknesses to have as a center.

Absolutely can't have the whiffs. We all agree. Needs to keep his guy in front of him. 

Creed wasn't the kind of center we were looking for, Josh was. They play the same position and have different responsibilities.. one of my biggest gripes with PFF other than they're judging things they're guessing on. Creeds not moving guys, he's damn good at getting guys blocked but everyone should see we what we were going for.

And yes I'd take Creed right now as well but that's how things shook out.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers fans always need a whipping boy, right now it's Myers.

@AlexGreen#20and I are on the same page with Myers, I've got too much 15 month year old on the move in my house to spend time taking the NFL+ tape and convert it to GIF but maybe he can sometime.

I watch Mike Wahle point out all the flaws in the Oline game every week.  It's an ugly mess out there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Legitimate question: How much of the O-line problems do you think is on coaching and how much is due to lack of talent? Would you put it at 80/20? 50/50? 

Just curious.

Well Walker was a talent problem that the coaching stuff stuck with for far too long when there's another option available.. so chalk that up however you want. the rest of the guys you can win with.

People are finally coming around to this. Everyone here knows I'm not the biggest Love fan at the moment and I think he has his own issues, but he's getting screwed at every angle here as well. The offensive coaching sucks, his supporting cast is below-average (trying to be nice), and his defense might be one of the worst in football at getting off the field, giving up long drives and not forcing turnovers. 

Add those 3 together and you can see and understand why Love might struggle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

But the guys here and on Twitter who don't watch film or know the line calls tell me he sucks?

Because he does in fact suck.

No GM is going to tell anyone that one if his high picks at a non-premium position sucks.  So, he stands by his guy.

Those of us that watch football and understand line play know that he is lying.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

I forget what it's called. But it pops up on my YouTube algorithm. So you can search it there.

I would think Herman would post it on Twitter....probably does, I just dont click on/listen to all of it.
I'll keep a sharper eye out.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

People are finally coming around to this. Everyone here knows I'm not the biggest Love fan at the moment and I think he has his own issues, but he's getting screwed at every angle here as well. The offensive coaching sucks, his supporting cast is below-average (trying to be nice), and his defense might be one of the worst in football at getting off the field, giving up long drives and not forcing turnovers. 

Add those 3 together and you can see and understand why Love might struggle. 

I've said a few times that Love should sue for non-support, but he's got his share of issues too.  When he runs a play perfectly it seems there is a drop, penalty, or poor route.  When the receivers actually do their job, Love either doesn't see them or misfires.  The Oline/blocking has been bad for most of the season.  They are wrecking plays out there far too often.   Guys that were formerly good to decent are now making tons of mistakes.  That is on coaching I think.  Nobody on offense seems fundamentally sound right now.  It's the perfect combination of imperfect football from various phases of the team.

The defense with Barry is a lost cause.  He puts us in schematically bad situations regularly.  I'm surprised the players are still putting putting up with him.  That's got to be demoralizing to struggle to get off the field on 3rd downs.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers fans always need a whipping boy, right now it's Myers.

@AlexGreen#20and I are on the same page with Myers, I've got too much 15 month year old on the move in my house to spend time taking the NFL+ tape and convert it to GIF but maybe he can sometime.

Your 15 month would dominate Myers much as he's dominating you right now.

K, maybe not, but I'll bet he's running your *** ragged!

45 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have fans even been that hard on Myers? I think this narrative has largely been created out of nowhere. I know there's been some discussion about it, and the consensus seems to be that he's been very good as a pass blocker, maybe average as a run blocker and his biggest problem is that he has too many "whiff" plays. That about sums it up right? 

Kindda.

When I look at PFF, only 1 center has near an "elite" grade in pass protection and that is Lindebaum.  Shade under 81.

Myers is the #9 ranked center in pass protection with a score that is more or less "good".  71 score.

If grading on that curve, yeah, he's a very good pass blocker.  And I wouldn't fight anyone on that statement.

The run game is tough to watch.  Very, very tough.