Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Deshaun Watson is literally in tears, rolling on the floor.

The difference is Joe Johnson and Albert Haynesworth literally quit trying once they got paid. Joe Johnson was pretty open about how he didn't give a **** any longer. 

Also, given QB's contracts, Watson likely won't be in this discussion in another year or two. 

EDIT: And I didn't see the headlines this morning before responding. I still think he's going to be a respectable QB going forward. However, the compensation they gave up plus the contract, pretty stupid. 

Edited by Old Guy

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hey Matt, play him from the slot once or maybe have him in full speed motion at the snap.

Gotta wonder how long until Gute gets involved. More I study it, the more LaFleur has just left Watson on the vine to die and be a decoy for the other in his offense, all while his QB still wants to force feed him the ball because he's 6'4 and can run 22mph.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Hey Matt, play him from the slot once or maybe have him in full speed motion at the snap.

Gotta wonder how long until Gute gets involved. More I study it, the more LaFleur has just left Watson on the vine to die and be a decoy for the other in his offense, all while his QB still wants to force feed him the ball because he's 6'4 and can run 22mph.

Well....I anticipate we'll be throwing the ball like crazy against the LAC (cause they're gonna score on us bigtime....) so MLF will have plenty of opportunities to change things up.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Deshaun Watson is literally in tears, rolling on the floor.

Fully guaranteed contract at a ridiculous number and they traded for him before hand.  Is not a good look.

For Bakhtiari, we have gotten 13 games after giving him 92 million dollars.  Not a good contract at all.  

I think the last game I saw live was when we got dismantled by Detroit. I could be wrong about that....but it's still so fresh in my memory that it seems so....and I think the next game I get to see live is when we get dismantled by Detroit again. There's a level of cruelty to this season thats....challenging at best.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well....I anticipate we'll be throwing the ball like crazy against the LAC (cause they're gonna score on us bigtime....) so MLF will have plenty of opportunities to change things up.

Chargers also have the worst passing defense in the league by a long shot.  They average 291.2 yards per game given up.  The second worst team is the Buccaneers, at 266.9.  That is a full explosive play more than the second worst team.  

Packers, for comparison, are the 7th best, with 187.6 ypg.  Of course, we are a total sieve against the run, but the Chargers' pass defense is really bad.  

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Chargers also have the worst passing defense in the league by a long shot.  They average 291.2 yards per game given up.  The second worst team is the Buccaneers, at 266.9.  That is a full explosive play more than the second worst team.  

Packers, for comparison, are the 7th best, with 187.6 ypg.  Of course, we are a total sieve against the run, but the Chargers' pass defense is really bad.  

Well....Love will have plenty of opportunities to build on his recent performances.
I will say....probably for the first time (certainly that I can remember) that I now want to lose these games. Perform well...everybody has to perform well.....but we have to lose. It's a difficult needle to thread :)

Edited by Leader

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'll set the over/under for net passing yards at 90 for the first half, for us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean LaFleur did spend a lot time with Arthur Smith in Tennessee...who has absolutely no clue how to use Bijan. Makes you think...

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

maybe @MacReady is right and the entire coaching staff needs to go

(although I definitely keep Gute)

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Arthur Smith was below him?

Right. He was the TE coach and then replaced MLF when he went to GB. Titans' offense was pretty average during that entire stretch IIRC. Now they both seem to be struggling to find a way to use their most dynamic players. Smith's use of Bijan is downright crimnal this season. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Right. He was the TE coach and then replaced MLF when he went to GB. Titans' offense was pretty average during that entire stretch IIRC. Now they both seem to be struggling to find a way to use their most dynamic players. Smith's use of Bijan is downright crimnal this season. 

Think the sample size on Smith's struggles are larger than LaFleur's. Matt has been much better the last two weeks. Seems like we've had a focus item, from getting Wicks and Musgrave more involved, to getting Jones involved. Now he needs to focus on a plan for Watson.