Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Savage and Stokes are eligible to come off IR this week. Any idea how close they might be to coming back?

It would be nice to get our entire starting secondary back for Thursday: Alexander, Stokes, Ford and Savage. Valentine has done a nice job. Might have a steal there. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Savage and Stokes are eligible to come off IR this week. Any idea how close they might be to coming back?

on a short week? I doubt it. maybe the most likely flexed MNF game vs the Giants? Actually can they flex at this point? I've seen wayyyyy too much of the Jets.

Edited by Toddfather

Just now, Toddfather said:

No idea, but if the NFL could avoid Packers vs Giants on MNF they probably would? Then again....

Two franchises with loyal fan bases. I'll bet the ratings are better than you think. There have been some real stinker prime time games this year already though. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

It probably would be better than some of the games they have been showing...

It's almost too bad both teams won today and took so much air out of the tankathon angle.  If the teams had lost out and went into that matchup at 2-10/3-9, both fan bases would be hate watching the game in large numbers.

Edited by Mazrimiv

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

on a short week? I doubt it. maybe the most likely flexed MNF game vs the Giants? Actually can they flex at this point? I've seen wayyyyy too much of the Jets.

You aren't the only one.  I'm sure these networks who were drooling over having AR in NY in all of these prime time games are kicking themselves now.   

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Two franchises with loyal fan bases. I'll bet the ratings are better than you think. There have been some real stinker prime time games this year already though. 

yeah, the nfl and it's broadcast partners don't really care about the quality of games (unless it's so bad 1,000,000's of people change the channel)- they are going to be happy with a GB v. NYG game because the draw will still be better than a barn burner between, say (you fill in the blank) Arizona and Jacksonville