Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Savage and Stokes are eligible to come off IR this week. Any idea how close they might be to coming back?

It would be nice to get our entire starting secondary back for Thursday: Alexander, Stokes, Ford and Savage. Valentine has done a nice job. Might have a steal there. 

Savage was so bad that I haven't really yelled at a safety yet since he's been gone.  Except for Owens on his non-tackle last game.

I'll take Stokes back easily.  Not sure that I care one way or the other if Savage plays or shuts it down for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Savage was so bad that I haven't really yelled at a safety yet since he's been gone.  Except for Owens on his non-tackle last game.

I'll take Stokes back easily.  Not sure that I care one way or the other if Savage plays or shuts it down for the rest of the season.

Either way it's his last in GB. I thought when we let him play downhill, he was OK. He's not a sit back and read type of safety. 

Mr. Biles, he needs to go. That was some kind of pathetic. 

Edited by Old Guy

13 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Patrick Taylor signed off the New England PS

James Robinson also signed to the PS

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-rb-patrick-taylor-to-active-roster-nov-20-2023

Not surprised by that one .. was thinking he could be plucked if they felt they needed someone who knows the offense.  A guy like Taylor is always up for an opportunity to show off his wares.  Hopefully he can make a positive impact.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Now show the one where he straight doesn't block his guy and is an absolute turnstile. 

I get it, Nijmans not going to be around. But he's more consistent than Walker. If it's an actual battle, instead of just trying to get Walker reps, Nijman should be the guy. Think you've seen enough that Walker shouldn't prevent you from adding talent to the room this offseason.

• Like 2