Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'll tell you it's humor once you find five special teams players (non K/P) better than Janis in the entire NFL.

Call me crazy, but it seems that there seems to be some type of click in this forum.  Seems like certain people like to call out others and test their knowledge or require facts to prove themselves.   Sorry, but I don't claim to have facts written down and ready at the drop of a dime.  Now, if I would have made your statement about Janis, some would be asking me to do the same thing your asking me to do, where you getting your facts, prove it?  So, with that said, here we go.  Total Tackles:  Nick Dzubnar 21 Chargers, Austin Ekeler 21 Chargers, Rontez Miles 17 Jets, Derrick Coleman 16 Falcons, Budda Baker 16 Cardinals, Brynden Trawick 15 Titans, C.J. Ham 15 Vikings, the list goes down to 8 total tackles and not one Packer.  Solo Tackles:  Miles 15, Dzubnar 14, Coleman 14, Baker 13, Ekeler 13, Payne 12, the only Packer on that list is Marwin Evans with 7.  Asst. Tackles:  Dzubnar 7, Ishmael 6, Ham 5, Mayo 5, McCray (Former Packer) 5, again only Packer on the list is Vince Biegel with 3.  Now, according to Teamranking.com, Jeff Janis wasn't on either one of their lists.  So, I guess it was humor.  Now, my point on Janis is simple.  If he's the 53rd or better player on the team, then yeah keep him, but if he's not and someone else is, that person should stay.  He shouldn't get a pass.

Just now, jleisher said:

Call me crazy, but it seems that there seems to be some type of click in this forum.  Seems like certain people like to call out others and test their knowledge or require facts to prove themselves.   Sorry, but I don't claim to have facts written down and ready at the drop of a dime.  Now, if I would have made your statement about Janis, some would be asking me to do the same thing your asking me to do, where you getting your facts, prove it?  So, with that said, here we go.  Total Tackles:  Nick Dzubnar 21 Chargers, Austin Ekeler 21 Chargers, Rontez Miles 17 Jets, Derrick Coleman 16 Falcons, Budda Baker 16 Cardinals, Brynden Trawick 15 Titans, C.J. Ham 15 Vikings, the list goes down to 8 total tackles and not one Packer.  Solo Tackles:  Miles 15, Dzubnar 14, Coleman 14, Baker 13, Ekeler 13, Payne 12, the only Packer on that list is Marwin Evans with 7.  Asst. Tackles:  Dzubnar 7, Ishmael 6, Ham 5, Mayo 5, McCray (Former Packer) 5, again only Packer on the list is Vince Biegel with 3.  Now, according to Teamranking.com, Jeff Janis wasn't on either one of their lists.  So, I guess it was humor.  Now, my point on Janis is simple.  If he's the 53rd or better player on the team, then yeah keep him, but if he's not and someone else is, that person should stay.  He shouldn't get a pass.

Tackles?  We're talking about tackles?  Do you know what a gunner is?  The best gunner in the world wouldn't register a single tackle in their career and we're talking about tackles? 

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

It's clique, not click.  And you make the desire to have a point brought up supported by facts, we can certainly have that discussion.  I'd consider that part of what makes our forum great.  This isn't ESPN, we want real discussion.  You make a claim, then support it.

That being said, I'm not sure using ST tackles is accurate.  But on the other hand, I'm not sure H2Z was proposing a provable argument either.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's clique, not click.  And you make the desire to have a point brought up supported by facts, we can certainly have that discussion.  I'd consider that part of what makes our forum great.  This isn't ESPN, we want real discussion.  You make a claim, then support it.

That being said, I'm not sure using ST tackles is accurate.  But on the other hand, I'm not sure H2Z was proposing a provable argument either.

Fair!