Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Weird .. Watson, Wicks, Reed - Doubs could very well end up being a #4 receiver.  Didn't hear much from him yesterday.  Problem being, none of the can stay health, on the field.  Maybe another year in the weight/training room will help.  Musgrave and Kraft with Sims .. TE is set.    

Perhaps they need to get in the training room but we do have 4 intriguing WR prospects.  I now understand why Gute didn't go out of his way to get a vet WR for that room last summer.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

And he will go, the exit interviews will not be kind. 

Watching the tape of the game though, Campbell was awful, whether VInce Lombardi or Joe Barry was his DC, he was awful.

I just can't see the defense playing with any kind of effort if the Campbell quote reflects the general feelings within the locker room, and I expect it does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's December, everyone is banged up at this point in the year. Not everyone is playing the piss poor game Campbell played on Sunday. Just seems like deflection to me, he should be kissing *** to try and keep his contract cause he's not getting anything close to it at his age. 

His public discontent should sound alarm bells to this coaching staff.  If one guy is unhappy there has to be more.  MLF could lose this locker room.  If I were Campbell and a LB and was asked to try to cover a WR I wouldn't be pleased either!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Weird .. Watson, Wicks, Reed - Doubs could very well end up being a #4 receiver.  Didn't hear much from him yesterday.  Problem being, none of the can stay health, on the field.  Maybe another year in the weight/training room will help.  Musgrave and Kraft with Sims .. TE is set.    

Huh? They've gotten banged up but Watson is the only one who hasn't stayed on the field?

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

so obvious that Matt is losing player respect over this Barry deal, Campbell may sound like a malcontent, but he was set up to fail because Barry is so stubborn, Quay Walker should have received that assignment, he's faster, and better in coverage, all Barry had to do was flip his MLB to the Will lber position.

just maybe if players had revolted against Barry sooner we'd still have a shot at the PO's, hell we probably could have 3 to 4 more wins, I suspect this had to do with the trade of Douglas, the reason we don't see Alexander playing.

we all saw this coming whether we want to admit it or not after Matt refused to fire Barry after last year.

I like Lafleur, but this was a real boner move to keep Joe Barry

I'm sure Alexander isn't happy either but I doubt his discontent is the reason he has been inactive on game day all these weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

so obvious that Matt is losing player respect over this Barry deal, Campbell may sound like a malcontent, but he was set up to fail because Barry is so stubborn, Quay Walker should have received that assignment, he's faster, and better in coverage, all Barry had to do was flip his MLB to the Will lber position.

They both suck in space.  I probably have better instincts in coverage than Quay.  Barry seems oblivious to this.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just can't see the defense playing with any kind of effort if the Campbell quote reflects the general feelings within the locker room, and I expect it does.

There's 3 games left, and its completely obvious that Barry isn't going to be their coach next year. I think if you're a fan saying the locker room is going to turn on LaFleur, you're kinda calling our players simpletons. 

Gary, Preston, Clark, those guys don't have the ability to dog it out there, not in their DNA. The young guys are playing for their futures, doesn't matter the DC. Do I expect them to rally for Joe Barry? Hell no, but they are going to be fine for 3 weeks here until that staff is re-organized. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

There's 3 games left, and its completely obvious that Barry isn't going to be their coach next year. I think if you're a fan saying the locker room is going to turn on LaFleur, you're kinda calling our players simpletons. 

Gary, Preston, Clark, those guys don't have the ability to dog it out there, not in their DNA. The young guys are playing for their futures, doesn't matter the DC. Do I expect them to rally for Joe Barry? Hell no, but they are going to be fine for 3 weeks here until that staff is re-organized. 

I think they'd be more likely to rally around an assistant running Barry's defense than Barry running Barry's defense.  It's an emotional game, and right now there are players on defense that clearly don't give a ****

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think they'd be more likely to rally around an assistant running Barry's defense than Barry running Barry's defense.  It's an emotional game, and right now there are players on defense that clearly don't give a ****

They aren't going to rally around anyone, they're grown *** professionals who are going to do their jobs. Campbell is realizing his days as a starting LB are probably over watching that tape. He's just not quick enough to get there anymore, and he's reacting how most would, temper tantrum. 

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For a smart person, these are not your finest takes. 

Chargers had 4 games left, no shot at the playoffs, why didn't they just ride it out with Staley? Your overexertion trying to defend an indefensible point is laughable. 

Guys watched that film and realized they were put in positions to fail, over and over. Guys probably watched that and said, **** it, why bother. I'd be finding a way to miss a game or the rest of them if I'm a free agent next year. 

There are guys on our defense playing for a paycheck next season. They need some good film so teams might give them a deal. You're telling them to ride it out, continue to be put in terrible situations and made look like you are clueless. 

The is no excuse, ZERO, for keeping Barry around. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They aren't going to rally around anyone, they're grown *** professionals who are going to do their jobs. Campbell is realizing his days as a starting LB are probably over watching that tape. He's just not quick enough to get there anymore, and he's reacting how most would, temper tantrum. 

This comment is wildly off base. You are saying players don't quit on coaches. You can't really believe that nonsense or do you just believe it can't happen in Green Bay? Which is worse. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is a very myopic view of what seems to be going on in the locker room right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

but, but, who could call the plays.  you know the masterful defensive calls that have been on display for the majority of the season.