Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Is Joe Barry coming off the equivalent of an ACL to a pass rusher? 

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I would consider the DB room the equivalent of that, yes

I kind of equate Joe Barry to Justin Fields. He just can't adjust when a team starts having success against him. Both are great front runners. Neither can adjust when the other guys start having success. 

I want better than Justin Fields. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I kind of equate Joe Barry to Justin Fields. He just can't adjust when a team starts having success against him. Both are great front runners. Neither can adjust when the other guys start having success. 

I want better than Justin Fields. 

Hear me out....

What about hiring Justin Fields as our DC?  Who else knows so much about not scoring points in the NFL? 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I know. I'm not suggesting that at all 

Just pointing out that Barry very arguably did his job better than Gary when it mattered most yet the opinions of those two are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Doesn't add up.

let me add then that Gary is the most overrated player on the defense.  Clark is the better player BY FAR

He will not be at the 12+ sack level on this new contract, and yet for some reason he also played poorly vs the run this year.

He does not win early enough in the down often enough to be worth his deal.

He is still a good player though.

43 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hear me out....

What about hiring Justin Fields as our DC?  Who else knows so much about not scoring points in the NFL? 

Ha, I was thinking about the flip side of that ....
The Bears should hire Barry to be their OC, he excels at making garbage QB's look fantastic

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Take that @MacReady  :)

Imagine how far they went if they weren’t paying Rodgers and had traded him two years earlier rather than extending him

This is like taking 8th place in an 8 man race without a leg and saying, “Ha! You can still race with one leg.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What does him making fun of Jason Wilde have to do with Barry? Lost here. 

Just a feeling based on his "Proud of everybody..." (paraphrasing here....) comment. Nothing more than that. 

In the end..what I think makes makes absolutely no difference...but I just sense...it's not gonna happen. Which I personally will view as a lost opportunity for the team. They have a chance here...but they have to take it. I just hope they do.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Just a feeling based on his "Proud of everybody..." (paraphrasing here....) comment. Nothing more than that. 

In the end..what I think makes makes absolutely no difference...but I just sense...it's not gonna happen.
Which I personally will view as a lost opportunity for the team. They have a chance here...but they have to take it.
I just hope they do.

I think LaFleur told you yesterday it was going to happen, based on what he said yesterday vs 2023. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I think LaFleur told you yesterday it was going to happen, based on what he said yesterday vs 2023. 

Works for me 👍

Just get the sense listening and reading up on things....that there's that "glow" one feels after some really good sex surrounding the team as a whole now. Everything's in "T'sall good" mode and it would almost be contrary to suddenly fire the DC (as the not re-signing the guy option is apparently off the board).

Again - I've not railed against the guy as much as many around here. My decision and thoughts now are driven by the surprise of how good the offense came along this year. Didnt anticipate that at all.

So nows the time to upgrade the D in my view...and that starts with this DC.

🤞