Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Interesting. I didnt know who he was. Watched some video....the guy is huge.

Yeah, all name jokes aside he is interesting in the Big Dog role. We’ll see what he can develop into in the meantime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

just let me dust off the vhs of the 2016 preseason...

You don't think he looked good? I thought there was something there. More so than Kizer or Clifford or whomever else we have trotted out there.  But he just didn't develop.  Sometimes they don't.

I think every Packer drafted is going to wind up in the Hall of Fame. So many let me down! I was high on Hundley, but never overly confident in him that I remember. 

27 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think every Packer drafted is going to wind up in the Hall of Fame. So many let me down! I was high on Hundley, but never overly confident in him that I remember. 

That's the spirit! 

I thought Hundley was trash when we drafted him.  Then he played in preseason, and I thought that there was something there.  Turns out, not much was there.  But I would still take him 10/10 over Deshone Kizer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That's the spirit! 

I thought Hundley was trash when we drafted him.  Then he played in preseason, and I thought that there was something there.  Turns out, not much was there.  But I would still take him 10/10 over Deshone Kizer.

My friend and I usually see if a guy has any calves when we make snap judgements on if he'll be any good or not.  AR had a set, Boyle, too.  Kizer had the skinniest calves I've seen on an NFL player.  Incidentally, Love has some skinnier calves but they look a bit thicker this year. Not yet HoF gams but getting there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

My friend and I usually see if a guy has any calves when we make snap judgements on if he'll be any good or not.  AR had a set, Boyle, too.  Kizer had the skinniest calves I've seen on an NFL player.  Incidentally, Love has some skinnier calves but they look a bit thicker this year. Not yet HoF gams but getting there.

Interesting concept.  

Who was the guy that Madden always ranted about? I think he played for the Rams, he didn't even have a taper to his ankle, lower legs like a lego man. Was it Jeff Zdogna or something like that?

19 minutes ago, Refugee said:

A.J. Dillon. The guy has some serious calf muscles. The guy's also not sniffing the HOF

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Interesting concept.  

Who was the guy that Madden always ranted about? I think he played for the Rams, he didn't even have a taper to his ankle, lower legs like a lego man. Was it Jeff Zdogna or something like that?

The cankle is a good look for an OL. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm going to tell on myself.  I thought that Hundley was going to be so good that we should trade Rodgers, get that haul and built around Hundley.

Oops.  

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Before we started making Hundleymania jokes, he was looking like a legit player that could develop into a Heinickie or Tyler Huntley kind of player, like a QB1.5.  But he kind of stagnated.  And we then had a year 3 player making year 1 mistakes, and we just can't have that.

I always felt like McCarthy was oblivious to things Hundley did well and tried to shoehorn him into Rodgers-style game plans. 

Though I agree, he showed flashes and then didn't build on them. 

38 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I always felt like McCarthy was oblivious to things Hundley did well and tried to shoehorn him into Rodgers-style game plans. 

Though I agree, he showed flashes and then didn't build on them. 

Agree with that. When Rodgers went down McCarthy had a chance to knock opposing DCs off their gameplans they had worked all off season on to stop Rodgers. Instead, Mac served them up a lesser Rodgers and made their lives easy. 

I've defended Mac most of the time, but he dropped the ball on that one.