Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This makes more sense. No way Gute trades for Willis and then they don't play him. Would basically make him look like an idiot.

Not necessarily.  I think the Packers view/viewed Willis as the better long-term backup than either Clifford or Pratt.  But in the next 2-3 weeks, Ryan Tannehill even with a limited knowledge of the playbook is probably the better player.

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This makes more sense. No way Gute trades for Willis and then they don't play him. Would basically make him look like an idiot.

Yep. Management ego. Whether he's proven right or wrong in this situation is actually immaterial.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not necessarily.  I think the Packers view/viewed Willis as the better long-term backup than either Clifford or Pratt.  But in the next 2-3 weeks, Ryan Tannehill even with a limited knowledge of the playbook is probably the better player.

I'd make Tannehill a deal, pay him as little as I can, knowing that it is going to be more than I want. Tell him, once Love is healthy, we'll trade him to a team who needs a QB because their QB is out for the year. It's, unfortunately going to happen to somebody. 

Might be the Steelers when they realize both Russ and Fields suck. 

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There was a poster suggesting this weeks ago. Can't remember who that was but seems pretty prophetic at this point. 

Cut Tannehill a deal. Keep him around until Love is healthy. IF a contending team loses their starter, we'll trade him there after Love is healthy. 

Not sure how much he'll cost but if you could get him for 5, I'd do it. 

This guy is going to be that linebacker we've all been dreaming about. That pass rush he put on, it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Have him spy Richardson this week. 

Packers Snap Counts, Week 1 Defense: Edgerrin Cooper’s time is coming (msn.com)

I want Cooper to get a lot more than 11, probably more than McDuffie moving forward. 76 plays seems like a lot of defensive snaps. 

Linebackers

• Quay Walker 76
  • Isaiah McDuffie 74
  • Eric Wilson 15
  • Edgerrin Cooper 11
Edited by Old Guy

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This guy is going to be that linebacker we've all been dreaming about. That pass rush he put on, it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Have him spy Richardson this week. 

Packers Snap Counts, Week 1 Defense: Edgerrin Cooper’s time is coming (msn.com)

I want Cooper to get a lot more than 11, probably more than McDuffie moving forward. 76 plays seems like a lot of defensive snaps. 

Linebackers

• Quay Walker 76
  • Isaiah McDuffie 74
  • Eric Wilson 15
  • Edgerrin Cooper 11

Should definitely get all wilsons snaps this week.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Duff takes on blockers real well and plays with an edge, i dont think hes losing many snaps until coop is fully ready.

I'll take the few mistakes Cooper is going to make for his speed. He was playing with speed we have not seen in our linebackers for as long as I can remember. Dude sees it and gets there in a hurry.

He's got a real chance to be special for sure. I'm not leaving that on the bench for a JAG. When we play with 3 LBs, Dr. McStuffin can play. +

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'll take the few mistakes Cooper is going to make for his speed. He was playing with speed we have not seen in our linebackers for as long as I can remember. Dude sees it and gets there in a hurry.

He's got a real chance to be special for sure. I'm not leaving that on the bench for a JAG. When we play with 3 LBs, Dr. McStuffin can play. +

Im not sure Coop wouldnt take over for Quay first.

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Im not sure Coop wouldnt take over for Quay first.

Anything is possible, but I will say I disagree with that. 

This certainly suggest otherwise. This is PFF so you somewhat take it with a grain of salt, but this is not good. 

Not liking seeing Karl Brooks name on here either. I was expecting big things out of him. Might still get those big things too. 

Bottom 5 defense

1. LB Isaiah McDuffie: 35.7
2. DL Kenny Clark: 39.4
3. DE Kingsley Enagbare: 41.3
4. DL Karl Brooks: 42.4
5. DL TJ Slaton: 42.7

Edited by Old Guy