Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

players are always more optimistic on injuries than reality, but as long as we have 2 of doubs/wicks/watson active I feel good vs any team.

Did Kraft get nicked up too?

Kraft has been a little dinged all year.  Will probably be a weekly thing with him on the injury report as a limited participant.

• Like 2

We have had injuries this year and some significant ones (to Love, Wyatt, Watson, Musgrave, Morgan, Lloyd, to name a few).

However, they have been spread out and the backups that have come in have managed well enough that to me we don't FEEL like a team beset by injury. I watched the game against Arizona where (besides everything else that went wrong for them) several of their players went out injured and I was thinking that in a parallel universe it could have been us, not them, getting all the injuries.

I guess a huge part of why this teams seems healthy, is that most injuries were not long-term or season-ending - and because the backups were good enough to keep rolling, plus the fact that some rookies were playing better than we had any right to expect this early (Cooper and Bullard, for example).

If the injuries continue to be relatively short term and we don't get a cluster of injuries in one position group, especially all at once, then this team looks to be in good shape going forward. We also have a bye week at a good spot (week 10).

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

The Love injury is really the only one where I was surprised the team was able to deal with it.  In the moment, that was a soul crushing injury.  I expected the season was effectively over for GB when I saw the replays.

We got two very favorable matchups at the time but what Gute and Willis did in those weeks definitely kept us out of a hole. The Bengals are 2-4 and although they might be able to turn it up and go on a run, you figure there are at least 4 more losses on their schedule and that likely drops them out of the playoffs. GB avoiding catastrophe there is huge for our hopes and Love  back in there and looking healthy and continuing to develop has me excited. Big test ahead, but they all are in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd rather take away the incentive for the touchback altogether.  Make it something teams only want to do when the game is in hand.

Or a combination of both perhaps if they're really trying to see more returns.

I think we had 1 kickoff return attempt yday and the rest were touchbakc.

ARI had only 1 touchback and returned every other kickoff.

Can't blame it on the rain either when it didn't bother their (backup!) kicker.

I wonder if the Packers are "sticking" with Nervouson this week because they are monitoring what the Cardinals do. The Packers previously had Ryland in for a tryout and got to see him kick in Lambeau the other day. They may look to make a move for him when Prater comes back, or alternatively, if the Cardinals shocked everyone and let Prater go and keep the cheaper option in Ryland, the Packers could pounce on that too. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I've seen plenty of kickers miss kicks over the years.  Not sure I've seen a kicker look like he literally wanted to be anywhere else.  Dude was petrified.

Yet Nervous-son looked competent compared to the two kickers last night dealing with that wind.  Just an ugly kicking display.

• Like 1