Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Well, the season is over guys!  We just lost the best gunner in the NFL.  :D  What are we to do?;)  

I read the Reddit that on /r/browns. I feel bad for them. They sound just like us when we got him. One of the top comments is literally how he tests like Julio like we always said lol. And they all think he only didn't play because of who he was behind. Even though they were injured a billion times. Ray with the Michael Clark comment is telling honestly

Edited by NormSizedMidget
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I read the Reddit that on /r/browns. I feel bad for them. They sound just like us when we got him. One of the top comments is literally how he tests like Julio like we always said lol. And they all think he only didn't play because of who he was behind. Even though they were injured a billion times. Ray with the Michael Clark comment is telling honestly

;)  Thought you were a big Janis guy?  Aren't you the one that ripped my a new _utthole about not signing him In one of my first mocks?  Thought you would be livid?

22 hours ago, jleisher said:

;)  Thought you were a big Janis guy?  Aren't you the one that ripped my a new _utthole about not signing him In one of my first mocks?  Thought you would be livid?

I did? Doesn't sound like me...I drink a lot though.

• Like 1

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm wearing my Manziel browns jersey. I wore my tebow Mets jersey last night.

Neither are jokes. I'm serious. 

I've never bought a jersey. Not one and dont intend to. 

A team baseball (like) cap was all I ever needed.

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've never bought a jersey. Not one and dont intend to. 

A team baseball (like) cap was all I ever needed.

I don't even like wearing them just because I get endless questions. I've been asked 5x if I'm browns fan just tonight and they asked my dad once. Lol

7 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't even like wearing them just because I get endless questions. I've been asked 5x if I'm browns fan just tonight and they asked my dad once. Lol

Soon Browns fans are going to be eager to raise their hands and be counted as they're amassing a good collection of talent. It's impossible to bottom feed for as long as they have and not eventually come up for air. The AFC North will have a new competitor. Now if only the AFC East would be as accommodating.

Here's an article from Football Outsiders talking about OL continuity -  or in the case of the 2017 Packers - the lack of continuity

GB scored towards the bottom of the list, using 9 different starters over the course of the season

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2018/2017-offensive-line-continuity-scores

"The continuity scores are based on three variables:

Number of starters used; number of week-to-week changes in starting lineups; and the longest starting streak of any one five-man unit "

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's an article from Football Outsiders talking about OL continuity -  or in the case of the 2017 Packers - the lack of continuity

GB scored towards the bottom of the list, using 9 different starters over the course of the season

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2018/2017-offensive-line-continuity-scores

"The continuity scores are based on three variables:

Number of starters used; number of week-to-week changes in starting lineups; and the longest starting streak of any one five-man unit "

The crazy part is they didn't even do a bad job. Hundley got sacked a bunch but a good portion were on him. Good coaching from Mac and Campen. 

19 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

The crazy part is they didn't even do a bad job. Hundley got sacked a bunch but a good portion were on him. Good coaching from Mac and Campen. 

indeed, and now they added Philbin to the mix and he has a ton of  OL coaching experience in his background too.

The NFC combatants all have very talented DLs, those guys will really have to be on their game