1. Denzel Ward, CB, OSU

*Trade up into 1st round using two 2nd rounders*

1. Harold Landry, DE, Boston College

2. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

4. Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa

5. Jaylen Samuels, RB / FB /TE, NC State

5. Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

6. Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane

This would be a disaster even after Allen. 

The "shock the world and don't draft a round 1 QB draft"

Trade down from 1 to 2 to give Giants Mr. Mediocre Sam Darnold and pick up their round 2 (and more), I will just focus on their round 2 for this mock though.

Trade down from 2 to 5 with Denver so that they get their QB for their round 2 (again and more, you get the picture though).

Taylor gets a long term extension immediately after the draft and he is our franchise QB for the next several years.

Pick 4 Barkley - No explanation needed

Pick 5 Chubb - No explanation needed

Pick 33  Harrison Phillips - He will give us an interior presence to rush the passer next to Ogunjobi, our DLine is now the nastiest in football, or one of them at least.

Pick 34 Isaiah Oliver - Finishes our Secondary

Pick 35 Oraldno Brown - Yes, he stunk it up at the combine, this is why he will be here.  Who knows why that happened, but the dude is a monster on tape and replaces Joe Thomas.  He won't be Joe, but he will be very good for a very long time.

Pick 40 Mason Rudolph - our project QB to sit and learn behind Taylor.

Pick 64 James Washington - another piece in our WR tool chest, and familiarity with our new developmental QB.

I don't think this will happen because I think we draft a round 1 QB, but I would love it.  Far fetched but its possible.  The Browns have emphatically said we will draft a QB, but they never specifically said we will draft a round 1 QB.  I have no doubt though that this is a playoff team right out of the gates if IF IF IF they can gel and play together because its pretty much turning over the entire roster.  We not only have very solid starters everywhere, but we have depth (Duke and Hyde as depth, are you kidding me!?)

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

The "shock the world and don't draft a round 1 QB draft"

Trade down from 1 to 2 to give Giants Mr. Mediocre Sam Darnold and pick up their round 2 (and more), I will just focus on their round 2 for this mock though.

Trade down from 2 to 5 with Denver so that they get their QB for their round 2 (again and more, you get the picture though).

Taylor gets a long term extension immediately after the draft and he is our franchise QB for the next several years.

Pick 4 Barkley - No explanation needed

Pick 33  Harrison Phillips - He will give us an interior presence to rush the passer next to Ogunjobi, our DLine is now the nastiest in football, or one of them at least.

Pick 35 Oraldno Brown - Yes, he stunk it up at the combine, this is why he will be here.  Who knows why that happened, but the dude is a monster on tape and replaces Joe Thomas.  He won't be Joe, but he will be very good for a very long time.

Pick 40 Mason Rudolph - our project QB to sit and learn behind Taylor.

Pick 64 James Washington - another piece in our WR tool chest, and familiarity with our new developmental QB.

I don't think this will happen because I think we draft a round 1 QB, but I would love it.  Far fetched but its possible.  The Browns have emphatically said we will draft a QB, but they never specifically said we will draft a round 1 QB.  I have no doubt though that this is a playoff team right out of the gates if IF IF IF they can gel and play together because its pretty much turning over the entire roster.  We not only have very solid starters everywhere, but we have depth (Duke and Hyde as depth, are you kidding me!?)

Not horrible if we don't pick a QB. I'm just hoping we get a LOT more than 2 2nds for trading back twice. Like multiple firsts and more. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

The "Josh Allen ride or die"

Trade down from pick 4 to pick 5 with Denver so that they can get their QB, they worry that Buffalo is going to jump them.  We get their round 2.

Taylor gets an extension immediately after the draft so that he can play a few years, if need be, just in case Allen takes that long to develop, and if he proves himself and Allen never "gets it" we can extend him again to be our franchise.

Pick 2 Josh Allen - No explanation needed

Pick 40 Nick Chubb - Gives us a 3 headed attack at RB and insurance in case of injury to either Hyde or Duke.  DEPTH!

Pick 64 Christian Kirk - another piece in our WR tool chest

The biggest difference between this one and the other is the higher upside QB to sit and learn, and rolling with a committee of Duke and Hyde as our RBs rather than the all world Barkley.  I would be happy with either, and I am torn, I think Allen will be a top 3 QB in the NFL after sitting for 2 or 3 years in our system.  But I also think Taylor could be easily top 7 or 8 with this supporting cast around him, and Barkley is just a whole different level for our offense.

I love both drafts, pick your poison, Barkley Rudolph and Washington or Chubb Allen and Kirk.

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Not horrible if we don't pick a QB. I'm just hoping we get a LOT more than 2 2nds for trading back twice. Like multiple firsts and more. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Like I said, and more, for each trade.  I just did not give specifics :-D

I think that may very well be true, that said, I think that bust potential is very low unless some team drafts him and sticks him in day 1 when he is not ready.  He also has by far the highest ceiling in the top 4.  We have Taylor, we have no reason to be "that team".  I take him all day every day at 1 or any position for that matter over a guy that has a ceiling of mediocrity.

Gregg Williams has a history of developing mid round CBs. We have guys who scouted talent for Seattle and Washington. Two teams that hit on mid round secondary players.

I am purely speculating, but I think it means we won’t draft Ward or any secondary player at 4.

We will take Sam Darnold at #1 and solve our QB issue for 10-15 or more years.

We have fortified the DB.

No need for more than one pick (Oliver) for this group.

We have fortified WR.

No need for more than one pick (Chark) for this group.

We have fortified RB.

No need for more than one pick (Jones) for this group.

We have fortified DL.

No need for more than one pick (Hurst)

We haven't done jack for the LBs.

Edmunds.

We have the picks to do it.

Darnold, Edmunds, Oliver, Hurst, Jones and Chark.

I wouldn't feel too bad about not getting a 2019 1st if we got this haul but I would love it if we got one of those too somehow in the process.:D

Archived