What Has Surprised You Most About This Season?

Hunter2_1

Which of these caught you by surprise?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. 2017 season surprise voting

• Carson Wentz turning into an MVP calibre QB
    • Adam Thielen's season
    • Rams, under new HC McVay, putting in a commanding 11 win season
    • Alex Smith throwing down the field
    • Saints' defense actually being very competent
    • Cleveland going winless
    • Rookie Kareem Hunt leading rushing yards
    • Buffalo making playoffs
    • Jacksonville making playoffs
    • Case Keenum being decent
    • Brady, aged 40, leading passing yards
    • The amount of injuries to blue chip players
    • The number of catch rule conundrums
    • Giants being brutal

Ton of good options.

I've eaten my crow on Wentz (I did not think he would develop nearly as well as he has).

I similarly didn't have much faith in McVay.

Jacksonville making the playoffs would come third. I didn't think their FA investment in their defense would pay dividends to such as high degree, nor did I think Bortles would actually manage to start all 16 games (figured he'd be benched by mid-season).

I got a lot wrong this year.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Ton of good options.

I've eaten my crow on Wentz (I did not think he would develop nearly as well as he has).

I similarly didn't have much faith in McVay.

Jacksonville making the playoffs would come third. I didn't think their FA investment in their defense would pay dividends to such as high degree, nor did I think Bortles would actually manage to start all 16 games (figured he'd be benched by mid-season).

I got a lot wrong this year.

Can we get a Jay Cutler hot take? Give the people what they want.

18 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Can we get a Jay Cutler hot take? Give the people what they want.

The fact that the Jay Cutler experiment was a failure wasn't much of a surprise in and of itself; however, the degree to which he failed was a bit surprising. Many Dolphins fans on this site were expecting a 1-2 game drop off from Tannehill (pre-season we had mostly been floating predictions in the 9-11 win range) so with Cutler we (or at least many of us) figured 7-9 wins would be in the cards.

Cutler + coke fiasco + no bye week + significant preseason injuries resulted in a disastrious Miami season.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Cutler gave us the best moment of the entire season; sparking up a cigarette with a hand on his hip during a wildcat play. 

I mean, if he moved forward "actively" he's subject to being laid out so... making it obvious you're out of the play is the right move when you're already the second option at QB. He's no Ryan "Stones" Tannehill.

Jags making the playoffs didnt surprise me. I expected a good defense, but not the good. So that surprised me.

I thought Goff was gonna bust hard and rams would win maybe 4 games. Didnt expect them to be anywhere near that good.

Keenum.

All the injuries.

The giants. I thought theyd go deep into the playoffs

Archived