Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 5/20/2024 at 12:02 PM, OkeyDoke21 said:

I figured it would be super simple like that, after I asked haha.  Sounds like a fun rabbit hole to go down.  I wonder how it would do if you added additional collagen powder or creatine.  Could be a different way to get creatine with a little sugar already there.  Keep me updated on what you're finding works well and what doesn't.  I more interested than I probably should be.  

6 packets Knox Gelatin, 6 cups water, 2 packets LMNT flavor of choice.

But if you want a stronger flavor you can go 4, 4, 2.

Next up I'm going to mix in my Fruits and Greens powder.

• Like 1

My 13 year old boy and 12 year old girl wanted to max out for the first time today, I've held off for a long time but they have both done the 3x5 and worked down to 2-3 reps as they stalled, so I decided to let them and they will use the rest of the week to deload.

Boy (138lbs bodyweight)
Bench - 162.5

Squat - 180 (got stuck at 185, SO CLOSE)

Deadlift - 205 lbs

Girl  (107 lbs bodyweight)

Bench - 115

Squat - 145

Deadlift - 160

Bench was touch and go, no bouncing. Squats were high bar A2G

Deads were cut off if the back started rounding. If in a powerlifting comp their numbers could have been higher.

So ******* proud of these two.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a weird issue pop up today. Did a 6-mile walk and it was obviously hot, but today was the first day I've ever had my hands swell up. Like seriously fat hands, almost like a crazy forearm pump but from the wrist down more than anything. Came home after the walk was done and grabbed two freezer packs so it went away, but holy crap. Never had swelling without a real injury before. Blood pressure was 118/75 too, so maybe I'm just getting old? IDK.

My daughter was doing the old Batman theme to annoy me once she knew it wasn't a big deal. Na na na na na na na na na - fat hands! I preferred to think of them as my own Hulk hands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Had a weird issue pop up today. Did a 6-mile walk and it was obviously hot, but today was the first day I've ever had my hands swell up. Like seriously fat hands, almost like a crazy forearm pump but from the wrist down more than anything. Came home after the walk was done and grabbed two freezer packs so it went away, but holy crap. Never had swelling without a real injury before. Blood pressure was 118/75 too, so maybe I'm just getting old? IDK.

My daughter was doing the old Batman theme to annoy me once she knew it wasn't a big deal. Na na na na na na na na na - fat hands! I preferred to think of them as my own Hulk hands.

Bet your wife wants you to go on more walks now 

• Like 1