Alexander Out as OL Coach!

HangOnSloopy

21 hours ago, HangOnSloopy said:

I do.  I know Munoz gave him the seal of approval and hes one of the best technique wise in the game.  I'm just worried the game has changed since he made such an impact.  Maybe getting back to the roots of he position is what this group needs though.   

He literally has stayed active in coaching circles ever since.  He has been a line coach most of those and a consultant on the rest

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

He literally has stayed active in coaching circles ever since.  He has been a line coach most of those and a consultant on the rest

The best thing a new line coach can bring is a better job of scouting/pick selection.  It's been a long time since the Bengals hit on a line prospect in the late rounds or as a UDFA.  For that matter, been a while since they've hit on an early rounder too.  

We all know the coaches play a big role in scouting, so like it or not, the new guy needs to be good at it.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

The best thing a new line coach can bring is a better job of scouting/pick selection.  It's been a long time since the Bengals hit on a line prospect in the late rounds or as a UDFA.  For that matter, been a while since they've hit on an early rounder too.  

We all know the coaches play a big role in scouting, so like it or not, the new guy needs to be good at it.

Sadly their best draft pick recently has been Bodine and that was a below average starter for 4 years....I agree, a new vision on the O line and a better eye at drafting will be huge 

17 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Sadly their best draft pick recently has been Bodine and that was a below average starter for 4 years....I agree, a new vision on the O line and a better eye at drafting will be huge 

Or JJ Dielman :D:(

46 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Seahawks cut ties with Tom Cable. They haven’t had the best offensive lines in recent years tho

I'm conflicted there because Seattle was literally drafting defensive linemen to play offensive line. They weren't typically terrible, just below average. Was that all Cable? I don't know. 

11 hours ago, theJ said:

I'm conflicted there because Seattle was literally drafting defensive linemen to play offensive line. They weren't typically terrible, just below average. Was that all Cable? I don't know. 

Cable has a rock solid reputation as an oline guy, it looks like they didn't prioritize it much for a few years, and have had a few misses

2012: G JR Sweazy #225 overall
2013: G Ryan Seymore #220 overall, T Michael Bowie #242 overall
2014: T Justin Britt #64 overall, T Garrett Scott #199 overall
2015: G Terry Poole #130 overall, G Mark Glowinski #134 overall
2016: T Germain Ifedi #31 overall, G Rees Odhiambo #97 overall, C Joey Hunt #215 overall
2017: C Ethan Pocic #59 overall, T Justin Senior #210 overall

Their starting oline this year was:

LT: Duane Brown,
LG: Luke Joeckel, Jordan Roos
C: Justin Britt, Joey Hunt
RG: Ethan Pocic
RT: Germain Ifedi, Matt Tobin

They just traded for Duane Brown this year, but he held out the early part of the season and then was traded to a new system.  Seems to have attitude problems too.  All 3 guys they drafted in the top 100 since 2012 start for them.  A late first and 2 late 2nds.  Tried to look up PFF grades, but that costs money, so no dice.

Archived