BF004 Mock Offseason V.003

BrettFavre004

A BF Mock                                        

tenor.gif                        

Current Status                                        

Packers end the year 7-9 and pick 14th                            

Packers enter the 2018 offseason with 162M in cap liability                                        

Assuming a 178 M 2018 Salary Cap + 9M (estimated) from 2017 carryover, the Packers specific cap is 187M                                        

Packers enter in to the offseason with 25M in cap space                                        

Packers get a 3rd, 5th, 6th & 7th compensatory picks                                        

This offseason is gunna be…                                        

tenor.gif        

Offseason Moves                                        

Front Office                                        

GM - Elliot Wolf                                        
    Elliot Wolf                                        
eliotwolf-e1420229974782.jpeg?w=560&h=31                        
Ron%2Band%2BEliot%2BWolf%2B1992.jpg                        

Defensive Coordinator - Joe Whitt Jr                                        

In case you didn't realize, check out the new sig.         

heres_johnny_2017_2.jpg

Boom    YXAYN.gif    

Roster Moves                                        

Released/Restructured                                        
    Randall Cobb         -     Cobb is released and we try to resign him, but he is hurt and goes for a big payday elswhere, saving up 9 million on the 2018 Cap                            
    Jordy Nelson         -     Jordy gets extended for 1 year for $5 million, lowering his 2018 cap hit by $3 million.                            
    Aaron Rodgers         -     Rodgers gets 4 more years at 28 per, also lowers our 2018 cap by $5 million                            

Not Retained                                        
    Ahmad Brooks         -     Hasn't really proven his worth and isn't getting younger                            
    Davon House         -     We need to get better                            
    Quinton Dial         -     Stop gap, but we roll with the younger guys                            
    Jahri Evans         -    We look to the young guys and possible draft additions to help                            

Retained                                        
    Jeff Janis         -     Core special teamer, 2 years for 3 million                            
    Richard Rodgers         -     Another guys that's just good to have, 2 years for 3 million                            
    Morgan Burnett          -     We got some money to spend and he makes our defense better, 3 more years for 24 million                            

** Roster moves now set the remaning cap to $37 million                                            

Trades                                        

Aqib Talib         -      5th Round Comp Pick to Denver - Denver will have 28M in CB salary allocated between Talib, Chris Harris and Bradley Roby.  There are talks Talib may be released or traded, he has two years left, 11M this year and 8M in 2019.                            
aqib-talib.jpg                        

Free Agents - Woohoo!!  Offseason Champs                                        
Still with roughly 20-25 million after resigning our own, Dorsey looks to add some immediate help                                            

Drew Stanton         -     3 years and 9 million for the experienced vet.  We have had no success 'developing' QB's since the new CBA and limited time, this will free up McCarthy to not have to waste any time doing so and trusting the vet to the position coaches.                            
stantondance.0.0.gif                        

Sam Acho         -     Sam Acho lead all free agent to be OLBs with 17 QB hits while only having 3 sacks.  1 year a $2.5 million, low risk veteran signing.                             
sam+acho+bears.jpg                        

Jimmy Graham         -     Going big is Elliot Wolf, 3 years 33 million for Graham.  He and Davante split out should create some big time mismatches in the redzone.                            
Jimmy-Graham-Seattle-Seahawks-Tight-End.                        

** Roster moves now set the remaning cap to $20 million                                            

NFL DRAFT                                        

Round 1 - Pick 14                                        
    Joshua Jackson             - CB - Iowa - Jr - 6'1" 192                            
TliCeZn.gif                        
OS-qI1.gif    
636460315057846091-JACKSON-PIC6.jpg        

Keep fixing it till it works.  I want some damn good corners and I want them deep.  I think Jackson is a stud and a ballhawk.                                        

Round 2 - Pick 14.                                        
    Will Hernandez             - OG - Texas-El Paso - Sr - 6'3" 330                            
9d084ba21aa8c6c58dbcb3ebee7bd9d1_crop_ex                        
    Should be a plug in play starter on our OL, keeping us pretty set across the board.                                        

*** Trade ***                                        

Packers Give up their 3rd and their 4th and 7th for the 18th pick in the 2nd round                                        

Round 2 - Pick 18                                        
    Tremaine Edmunds             - OLB - Virginia Tech - Jr - 6'5" 236                            
6_7465703.jpg                        
IJ12TQF.gif                        
    Young, long, quick athlete, maybe a bit more lineback than pure pass rusher, but would help to have a good OLB who can drop into coverage as well as providing good rush.                                        

Round 3rd - Pick 35 - Comp Pick                                        
    Christian Kirk             - WR - Texas A&M - Jr - 5'11" 200                            
1*wkCG5BE5LkJ3y6MydGlbng.gif                        
kirk-2.0.gif                        
Christian-Kirk-Arkansas-Game.jpg                        
    Beam him up to Green Bay.  Dangerous with ball in his hands, good returner, another quick athletic weapon for the O.  234 college catches for 26 TD's in 3 years                                        

Round 5 - Pick 14                                        
    Chukwuma Okorafor             - G/T - Western Michigan - rSr - 6'6" 330                            
B99545444Z.1_20170619160541_000_GA81HGO3                        
    Versatile lineman to play inside or out.  Hopefully can compete for an open RT position in 2019 or provide a valuable backup                                        

Round 6 - Pick 9                                         
    Donovan Wilson             - CB/S - Texam A&M - rSr - 6'1" 205            
Seo9B8k.gif                
Gabe+Myles+Donovan+Wilson+pJa_PoxEb-Zm.j                        
    I really don't like our current corners, need more competition here.  Made Mel Kiper's top 5 CB's entering 2018 list at #4, however was injured the entire year with a foot injury.  Has played safety in the past as well, physical player                                        

Round 6 - Pick 17                                         
    Jack Cichy             - ILB - Wisconsin - rJr - 6'2" 233        
giphy.gif                    
jack-cichy-1024.jpg                        
    I love me some Badgers, tore his ACL last year but played little, but very athletic LB, should be full go by TC.                                        

Packers trade their 7th round comp pick 2 ways to the Bears and Vikings for both of their 2019 1sts.

Depth Chart                                        

Offense                                        
    QB:        Aaron Rodgers    -    Drew Stanton    -    Stormin' Joe Callahan    -    Brett Hundley        
    RB:        Jamal Williams    -    Aaron Jones    -    Devante Mays                
    FB:        Aaron Ripkowski    -    Joe Kerridge    -                    
    WR1:        Jordy Nelson    -    Christian Kirk    -    Trevor Davis    -    Jeff Janis    -    Michael Clark
    WR2:        Davante Adams    -    Ty Montgomerey    -    Geronomo Allison    -    Deangelo Yancey        
    TE:        Jimmy Graham    -    Richard Rodgers    -    Lance Kendricks    -    Emanuel Byrd        
    LT:        David Bakhtiari    -    Jason Spriggs    -                    
    LG:        Lane Taylor    -    Patrick Lucas    -    Ulrick John                
    C:        Corey Linsley    -    Justin McCray    -                    
    RG:        William Hernandez    -    Ulrick John    -                    
    RT:        Brian Bulaga    -    Kyle Murphy    -    Chukwuma Okorafor                

Defense                                        
    LE:        Mike Daniels    -    Iziah Lunsford                        
    NT:        Kenny Clark    -    Dontravious Adams                        
    RE:        Dean Lowry                                
    LOLB:        Nick Perry    -    Sam Acho    -    Kyler Fackrell    -    Chris Odom        
    ILB:        Jake Ryan    -    Jack Cichy                        
    ILB:        Blake Martinez    -    Joe Thomas                        
    ROLB:        Clay Matthews    -    Vince Beigel    -    Vince Beigel                
    CB1:        Kevin King    -    Josh Hawkins    -    Herb Waters                
    CB2:        Aqib Talib    -    Joshua Jackson    -    Donatello Brown    -    Demitri Goodson        
    CB3:        Damarious Randall    -    Quinten Rollins        Donovan Wilson                
    SS:        Morgan Burnett    -    Josh Jones    -    Jermaine Whitehead                
    FS:        HaHa Clinton Dix    -    Kentrell Brice    -    Marwin Evans                

anigif_enhanced-19878-1395257639-52.gif

Secondary would be awesome, but it would need to be because I don't see much of a change in pass rush.

Really the 2nd round guard is a wasted pick for me. You give this team a top 10 defense and start Justin McCray or Lucas Patrick at RG and they go 15-1. We don't need it.

I'd almost not want Talib in this scenario. Put Jackson and King on the outside and let them go, that combo gets me all tingly inside, why waste our time with an aging big mouth CB? Look at Lattimore, if you can play DB you make an impact and Jackson is a start from day 1 stud.

I'd be happy with everything but the pass rush in this scenario, hopefully a nice June 1st cut is made and we get one more guy.

Aqib Talib is a good player, but I'm completely convinced the guy would be an absolute trainwreck in GB. 

Agreed with @Packerraymond, don't like the second round guard, got to go pass rusher in that spot or sign a FA. While I don't think this team is 15-1 with Lucas Patrick at RG, I think you convince Jahri Evans to come back and you're set for another year. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Aqib Talib is a good player, but I'm completely convinced the guy would be an absolute trainwreck in GB. 

Agreed with @Packerraymond, don't like the second round guard, got to go pass rusher in that spot or sign a FA. While I don't think this team is 15-1 with Lucas Patrick at RG, I think you convince Jahri Evans to come back and you're set for another year. 

It was 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT ;)

Also have no issue with Jahri coming back, although my personal preference assuming their both healthy enough for TC is Bulaga at RG, Spriggs at RT.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It was 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT ;)

Also have no issue with Jahri coming back, although my personal preference assuming their both healthy enough for TC is Bulaga at RG, Spriggs at RT.

I don't view Spriggs as half the player Bulaga is.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bulaga is falling apart. Spriggs is twice the athlete, we've seen it with the Clifton's and Wahle's, let them play through the struggles. We've got one of the best OL coaches in the biz. I think Spriggs is going to be a stud.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:
9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bulaga is falling apart. Spriggs is twice the athlete, we've seen it with the Clifton's and Wahle's, let them play through the struggles. We've got one of the best OL coaches in the biz. I think Spriggs is going to be a stud.

I agree that Bulaga in 2017 was 2x the player that Spriggs was.  Will that be the case in 2018 with Bulaga coming off another LE injury?

I felt that Spriggs was starting to get things sorted out in the last few weeks, I may be wrong on that, but on the (few) plays that I focused on him, he seemed to be much better in his pass sets.   Hundley was often not doing him any favors with bailing on the pocket early, so a Rodgers at QB look should help with many things.  

I think that 2018 needs to be a transition year for Spriggs to take over for Bulaga at RT....assuming he is near even in ability and performance in TC/PS.

Props to anyone that does a mock. Time consuming and then you get the pleasure of having everyone pick it apart. Good work.

I'm not a draft expert, but every year I say the same thing. God it would be great to get into the first part of round 2 where some great value can be had. We haven't been there in ages and don't expect to be there again anytime soon. You just gotta come away with a skill player with that second pick. After all the QB's, LT's, and studs at other positions, there will be some great meat and potatoes skill guys at our second pick. Assuming we get healthy, we can win with the guys we have on the line. Heck, we have 2 third rounders, take an OL there if you feel you have to. The top 2 picks this year have to move the needle 

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bulaga's only 28. I know there's a lot of miles on those legs, but that's a good natural athlete who isn't passed 30. 

I think you let the guys play it out. If Spriggs takes that spot on the field, good for Spriggs. I don't see any reason to push Bulaga out the door or move a position. I don't have any doubt that Spriggs finds reps at Tackle at some point in the year.

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bulaga's only 28. I know there's a lot of miles on those legs, but that's a good natural athlete who isn't passed 30. 

I think you let the guys play it out. If Spriggs takes that spot on the field, good for Spriggs. I don't see any reason to push Bulaga out the door or move a position. I don't have any doubt that Spriggs finds reps at Tackle at some point in the year.

Kind of in this boat although the real point I want to make is that maybe Spriggs is a slow learner. Wasn’t he a senior when he came out? Really didn’t hear his name a lot before his senior year. Gosh he has all the tools your looking for. It totally appears to be technique with him. 

Never finished my thought. Was going to add we have Spriggs and Murphy who had their moments and are only going to  be in their 3rd year. Unless it’s a stud OT in the 1st I think we’re good and then I scratch my head a little. Ditch the OG for another OLB along with the one you signed in place of Talib. There will be a good one there. 

Archived