BDL 2018 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

17 hours ago, MD4L said:

For what it's worth my asking my price for Cousins is about equal to the Wilson deal.

While I do think hockey would be getting one hell of a deal for Wilson, I don't know if I would reject it due to value.  We have always included cap benefits in the value of a trade.  An early 2nd round pick, a guy footsy was very high on in Rivers, and a former 1st round CB that he thinks would bounce back plus he gets out of a big contract.  If both parties are happy, and we don't think it would hurt the competitive balance of the league, then I'd be inclined to approve it.  What matters most is the value the two parties put on the players in question.  Would this be getting actually rejected if it was an owner other than footsy and a new full-time owner?  Or would we complain then pass it anyways and move on?

Now, rejection is possible if we think there is collusion as pheltz has suggested.  It was clear that they were looking at moving Wilson as part of hockey taking over which could be construed as such.  However, considering that hockey has reached out to other owners about trading for a QB, I think we are past that and he is simply trying to improve his team.

While we may have reason to be somewhat suspicious on footsy at the moment, I saw nothing to hockey's behavior this past year that would suggest he would attempt to go against the spirit of BDL.  So I don't believe he is colluding with footsy in the way that has been suggested.

All of that said, I will Approve this deal.  If the other members of the trade committee really believe that the value in this trade is to the point of hurting the competitive balance of the league, then that is certainly their right.  And Wilson is currently a top-10 QB so I could understand that.  

Sorry for disagreeing as I'm not trying to start an argument, but I did want to voice my thoughts.  

I don't know if I tendered all my ERFAs but yes to all of them. 

CB Nate Hairston ERFA  
Edge Daeshon Hall ERFA  
QB Connor Cook ERFA  
RB Peyton Barber ERFA  
WR Roger Lewis ERFA  
OC Spencer Pulley ERFA

Edited by OleXmad
CopyPasta