2 hours ago, SkunkApes said:

Compton trades:

Jason Verrett (4/$10,000)

Derek Rivers (3/$960)

Louisiana 3rd Rounder

Orlando trades:

Russell Wilson (4/$20,001)

Hockey to approve.

So two guys off of IR and a late 3rd now for a Top 5 Franchise QB. Not getting any better.

Footsy - You cannot just give DangeRuss away to make your cap problems go away. Russell is on a fair contract and in the prime of his playing career.

Franchise QB's start at two 1sts IMO. 

This is less than what I paid for Garoppolo (1st, 4th and a healthy starting WR) and that was sight unseen.

Rejected

Edited by SirA1

16 hours ago, SirA1 said:

So two guys off of IR and a late 3rd now for a Top 5 Franchise QB. Not getting any better.

Footsy - You cannot just give DangeRuss away to make your cap problems go away. Russell is on a fair contract and in the prime of his playing career.

Franchise QB's start at two 1sts IMO. 

This is less than what I paid for Garoppolo (1st, 4th and a healthy starting WR) and that was sight unseen.

Rejected

Ok so lets have the debate. After the first trade was proposed I went back to Footy and asked what he though HE PROPOSED TO ME Russ for Verrett, Rivers, and a 3rd. In this trade he's filling his top need, getting an edge rusher that he really likes, and a decent draft pick. Also lets factor in that MAYBE he's giving me this deal on a QB because I currently hold pick 1.1 and he holds pick 1.2. What if he thinks there is a QB in this draft that is the next Manning, Brady, or Brees. Then all the sudden he's trading his 20+ million dollar QB and clearing 10 mil off his books, filling his top need, getting an edge rusher that he likes, getting a solid draft pick, and securing the player he wants in the draft.

Just because you, SirA, determined that Russell Wilson should be worth 2 firsts plus, doesn't mean that Footy and I have to agree with you. Also, in regards to "Footsy - You cannot just give DangeRuss away to make your cap problems go away." Why not? If he determines that the best thing for his team then why can't he? 

4 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Reject Wilson trade.  Collusive and unbalanced.

19789999.jpg

Please TRY to explain how there's collusion in this deal? I've already taken Compton so its not like losing his team if he doesn't trade Wilson is hanging over his head and I don't know Footy from Cris Collingsworth so why would either of us care if the other does better in the BDL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ok so lets have the debate. After the first trade was proposed I went back to Footy and asked what he though HE PROPOSED TO ME Russ for Verrett, Rivers, and a 3rd. In this trade he's filling his top need, getting an edge rusher that he really likes, and a decent draft pick. Also lets factor in that MAYBE he's giving me this deal on a QB because I currently hold pick 1.1 and he holds pick 1.2. What if he thinks there is a QB in this draft that is the next Manning, Brady, or Brees. Then all the sudden he's trading his 20+ million dollar QB and clearing 10 mil off his books, filling his top need, getting an edge rusher that he likes, getting a solid draft pick, and securing the player he wants in the draft.

Just because you, SirA, determined that Russell Wilson should be worth 2 firsts plus, doesn't mean that Footy and I have to agree with you. Also, in regards to "Footsy - You cannot just give DangeRuss away to make your cap problems go away." Why not? If he determines that the best thing for his team then why can't he? 

Please TRY to explain how there's collusion in this deal? I've already taken Compton so its not like losing his team if he doesn't trade Wilson is hanging over his head and I don't know Footy from Cris Collingsworth so why would either of us care if the other does better in the BDL.

How is Verrett filling a need for Orlando? He's played 5 games in the last 2 years and is likely going to have to sign a prove it deal after this year before he can be trusted to stay healthy. At $10K/year he's a 3 Down candidate for sure as you could get him cheaper in FA by resigning him.

Orlando has arguable the best CB in the league in Ramsey and two other starers on other teams. I don't see CB as a need for them.

Trades don't factor in what the draft might entail in a couple of months. They have to stand water on their own. That's why we have Trade and Contract committee's as the Judicial branches of the BDL. To make sure things are fair and that one team isn't getting a competitive advantage over another in a deal. 3 out of the 5 members have to approve all deals. We've had shady things go on in the early years and these are the protections we've established to make the league balanced.  

The only time this is somewhat suspended is during the draft and all trades then can only involve draft picks. This is done so as to not slow down the draft.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

19789999.jpg

I mean, collusive might be the wrong word only because you were conspiring in public.  The point is that this is an unfair deal to the detriment of the league.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, you're not helping your cause.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I mean, collusive might be the wrong word only because you were conspiring in public.  The point is that this is an unfair deal to the detriment of the league.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, you're not helping your cause.

It's not helped by the fact the vet offering a guy running a team for the first time is offering horribly 1 sided deals in the wrong direction. Hell, if I was hockey I'd be accepting every single one of those deals and getting bent when they don't get accepted either.

But like Sira said, we made this committee to stop parties ON BOTH SIDES from getting abused in a deal, and in this case that's what's happening. It's not Hockey's fault, but they need to find a way to make this work or look at other trade options. 

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

For what it's worth my asking my price for Cousins is about equal to the Wilson deal.

Can a brother get a trade approval? Whicker and I made a trade on Jan 26th that still only has 2 approvals.