Week 18: Bills @ Jags

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I'm going to (puke) agree with iPwn here, (vomit) you guys shouldn't be whining when he's simply posting stats. Doesn't mean the Bills wont win. Simply just stating facts about the regular seasons each team had.

For the record, pythag records basically mean nothing in football, same as point differential. It's not the same as baseball, they don't have a big enough sample size for one, and two, football has far too many random outcomes that can happen compared to baseball.

The same facts that called us West Virginia looking *** defense??? That's not facts... Our defense blows west Virginias out of the water. That's just a stupid comment that should not be posted

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

The same facts that called us West Virginia looking *** defense??? That's not facts... Our defense blows west Virginias out of the water. That's just a stupid comment that should not be posted

Geez dude, he's making a joke. You need to learn to take one.

Please stop making me defend the Jags fan. I can only puke so many times before dehydration kicks in.

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I posted the tweet because of the four charts and the link in it. Sorry a joke from a Falcons fan about how your defensive chart looks like the STATE of West Virginia offended you.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I posted the tweet because of the four charts and the link in it. Sorry a joke from a Falcons fan about how your defensive chart looks like the STATE of West Virginia offended you.

Ha. Yeah I think he missed something there haha. 

9 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Geez dude, he's making a joke. You need to learn to take one.

Well there is also lies throughout the post... I mean it says that Jaguars have better 3 and out offense... Which is wrong. Buffalo .233 percent of times they go 3 and out and Jacksonville is .257

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

I'm not going to go through all the stats and check because I have better things to do. But I just picked out one stat just by looking and realized that it was Fake News

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well there is also lies throughout the post...

Like your lie that the Bills have a 3.1 YPC average outside of three games? It’s a simple mistake. Jesus Christ.

Just now, iPwn said:

Like your lie that the Bills have a 3.1 YPC average outside of three games? It’s a simple mistake. Jesus Christ.

Difference is one was a mathematical error I made... The other one the stat is just given to you. No math needed

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Difference is one was a mathematical error I made... The other one the stat is just given to you. No math needed

Pretty obvious you’re just looking for reasons to be offended if you can’t understand that sometimes clerical errors happen. I mean you legitimately got made that someone said a chart looked like a state. Have a nice day. 

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I can't believe this is actually happening. Have I entered the twilight zone?

It's been like this all week on here and social media.

Who would have thought with two franchises who haven't had an ounce of success in a decade+.

3 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Bills will need to have multiple takeaways or impact special teams plays to have a chance.

Without a healthy McCoy, the Bills offense is complete garbage and likely to get maybe 10 points against a tough D like Jacksonville.

Our offense is complete garbage all of the time haha. Unless we play the Dolphins. But yes, we'll need to win the turnover battle to have any shot at this. I think Tyrod needs to have a massive game with his legs for us to have a shot. McCoy will be ineffective, our receivers will be blanketed and so we'll need Clay, Shady(in the passing game) and Tyrod to carry this offense. 

17 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I apologize then, I took as saying the only way the Bills can win is by the Jaguars being terrible which I think is unfair. Again, I expect the better team(you) to win but i don't think it's exactly a complete mismatch.

Yeah. Even in the stats, there’s an obvious potential road to victory. Don’t turn over the ball, convert third downs, and make our offense do the opposite. Your secondary is certainly capable of causing Blake to make mistakes, and Tyrod and your offense are capable of not making those same mistakes. Shady, if he’s healthy enough, can run on our defense. Do those things, convert a few key third downs and there’s a path to victory. It’s not David vs Goliath out there. It’s just one team is *supposed* to be better. But just because one team is supposed to be better, doesn’t mean they’ll always win. The ball bounces in different ways, sometimes a play doesn’t go the way it would 99% of the time, some players have great games while others don’t, apparently refs feel the need to impact things, etc.

My team is in the playoffs for the first time in a decade. I’m like a kid in a candy store and I want to look at every single thing that’s out there that might have any relevance and I know others in my same position want to see the same thing. Our Jaguars forum GDT for this game already has twice as many pages as any thread we had in the 2016 season, and we haven’t even hit midnight on game day. So we’re delving into all the matchup stuff, all the metrics, all of it, because it’s exciting to finally be here after being a dumpster fire up until just 17 weeks ago. It’s fun to finally be using these metrics to break down how our team matches up in a playoff game, rather than using them to show how much worse we are than the surface shows. 

9 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

McCoy will be ineffective

What makes you think this? I’d think it was injury related, but then you said you need him in the passing game. So I’m not sure now.

7 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Yeah. Even in the stats, there’s an obvious potential road to victory. Don’t turn over the ball, convert third downs, and make our offense do the opposite. Your secondary is certainly capable of causing Blake to make mistakes, and Tyrod and your offense are capable of not making those same mistakes. Shady, if he’s healthy enough, can run on our defense. Do those things, convert a few key third downs and there’s a path to victory. It’s not David vs Goliath out there. It’s just one team is *supposed* to be better. But just because one team is supposed to be better, doesn’t mean they’ll always win. The ball bounces in different ways, sometimes a play doesn’t go the way it would 99% of the time, some players have great games while others don’t, apparently refs feel the need to impact things, etc.

My team is in the playoffs for the first time in a decade. I’m like a kid in a candy store and I want to look at every single thing that’s out there that might have any relevance and I know others in my same position want to see the same thing. Our Jaguars forum GDT for this game already has twice as many pages as any thread we had in the 2016 season, and we haven’t even hit midnight on game day. So we’re delving into all the matchup stuff, all the metrics, all of it, because it’s exciting to finally be here after being a dumpster fire up until just 17 weeks ago. It’s fun to finally be using these metrics to break down how our team matches up in a playoff game, rather than using them to show how much worse we are than the surface shows. 

I totally get that my man. Honestly whoever wins this one is who I'm pulling for the rest of the way in the playoffs. I'm glad you guys are having success and it's long over due and I really do wish you luck the rest of the way. It sucks everything has been so heated between the two fans because I kinda thought it would just be one big party between two downcast franchises but oh well. 

Archived