WH's Complete off season with some flash

WizardHawk

Since we're stuck with the big 3, I'm going to complete coaching staff just because I'm bored.  

ST - Chris Boniol  (current ST asst at Miss. St) Boniol worked with Bailey early in his career. 
QB - Norv Turner (After leaving Vikes, Turner said he'd like to return to "mold a young QB". I just happen to know one) **** Kellen Moore is much more qualified though. lol
OL - Joe Philbin  (current Colts OL) Assuming new HC brings in his own people. Philbin runs ZBS and with emphasis on fundamentals. 
WR -  I don't know anyone, so JG and SL can have Miles Austin since he's been mentioned anyway.
RB - Gary Brown (sounds like team is working on new contract for him. He's done well here)
TE - Rob Chudzinski (stealing from Colts again)
DC - Matt Eberflus (I'm thinking RM, who will turn 69 in July does actually retire or resign)
LB - Ken Norton Jr (Look at Seattle LB core for his work history)

Off season things: Current Cap Space $18.5m

Free agency stuff: Over the Cap for numbers

Some easy ones:
Crawford and Scandrick (June 1st), Mayowa, Hanna and Beasley all released . Save about $17m.

Not so easy ones:
Jason Witten - All good things come to an end. If Dallas can release DWare and bench Romo, they can part ways with Witten. Maybe he'll play for reduced $, otherwise it's time to move on. Save $6.5m
Dez Bryant - He's going to tear it up with his new team and everyone is going to throw a hissy fit, but current situation isn't acceptable. If he's not taking pay cut, he leaves us no choice. Post June 1st cut. Save $12.5m

I was pretty close to cutting Sean Lee too. Can't stay healthy and soon to be 32. He's gone next season instead. 

Total saved: $36m 
New Cap w/ $5m from Martin contract: $54.5m

Re-sign: 

DLaw - Long term deal sounds much more appealing than the $17-18m franchise tag, so I'm thinking a deal along the line of JPP (5yr/$65m/$29m guar) 
Hitch - I think this probably has long odds of happening, but hoping the guar. money keeps him around. Danny Trevathon type deal (4yr/$28m/$13.5m guar)
Martin - He's going to be highest paid OG in league and Dallas can save $5m in cap getting this done. Zeitler got 5/$60m/$31.5m, Martin probably looking at 5/65/35 or so.
Irving - Tendered.

New blood:

WR Paul Richardson - Want someone to stretch the field with excellent hands? Richardson is your guy.

giphy.gif

He isn't going to be cheap ( 5yrs/$52m/$19m guar - comp DeSean Jackson/Alshon Jeffery) and after moving on from Dez, I suspect most will hate this move. But, to run effectively you have to be able to throw effectively too. 

1T - Star Lotulelei - Collins moves back to 3T and we get an outstanding run defender who occasionally does stuff like this....

stardestroyer.gif

Deal: Doesn't have much value in terms of pass rush like Sheldon Richardson, so shouldn't be as expensive. 5yr/$45m/$21m guar.(comp Snacks Harrison).

Other notable signings...

QB Austin Davis
WR Terrelle Pyror
TE Luke Wilson
G Xavier Su'a-Filo
CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson
LB Jordan Tripp
DE Chris Smith

Draft:

19: R1P19  EDGE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON

50: R2P18 TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

81: R3P17 S DESHON ELLIOTT
TEXAS

118: R4P16  G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

136: R4P34 OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA AT

139: R4P37  CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH

174: R5P35  LB SKAI MOORE JR.
SOUTH CAROLINA

176: R5P37  RB JUSTIN JACKSON
NORTHWESTERN

197: R6P19  DL ANDREW BROWN
VIRGINIA

237: R7P18 WR ANTONIO CALLOWAY
FLORIDA

16 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

change 101 to your offseason lol

sigh. 

Oh well. I'm sure Dallas will find someone. Probably see if Rob Pettiti will take over...or one of the cheerleaders. Or some other incredibly under qualified person. 

31 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I love the defensive staff you built. I also think you hit some home runs in free agency. Pryor is the sleeper. 

The draft I'm a little let down by.

I even put a Gator, albeit a highly questionable one, in the draft and you still don't like it?

I can dig it. The big changes here seem to be at WR. Personally I’d like to see what Beasley can do with a field stretcher like Richardson on the field. And I wouldn’t be worried about losing Dez if we signed Pryor because I feel like Pryor can give us what Dez has over the last few seasons. I am in agreement with D82 on the Ferrell/Key Pick aswell

Archived