Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

10 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Absolutely. I can see analysis like that being the reason why the Bears gave him the lowest tender.

The Bears gave him that tender to get someone else to do their work for them. And Meredith has no spot here. He wasn't going to play the Watkins role in our offense.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:27 PM, StLunatic88 said:

So Ive actually taken a look at this since the trade was made. Two important things happened with this deal vs the situation we would have been in with Watkins; the buzz seems to be that Cooks isnt demanding as much as Watkins got (or what OBJ is demanding), and now we dont have a 1st rounder to pay for the next 5 years ontop of the rest of these guys.

So making these few assumptions; Keeping Saffold & Whitworth around (reduced prices from current contracts), Extending Joyner & Donald this year on similar deals to the ones I have outlined before, Cooks is only looking for the ~$14m AAV, Peters & Gurley take high Year 1 money with less later on, and Goff takes lower dollars on the First 2-3 years with higher money on the back end.

If all those can be worked out, I think we can keep the core together. If we can keep the core 7-8 guys under a total of $100m (even as the cap goes up) We can keep them all here, but it will likely come at the loss of Michael Brockers.

I would keep brockers before I keep Joyner, honestly. Joyner is going to be right behind mcleod and stewart as another safety we let go. 

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Not a surprise to any of us, but it'll upset some of the salty fans who get offended when we praise McVay:

McVay is the NFL version of Steve Kerr. Like even though Kerr is having success with the Warriors you will have a hater like LaVar Ball say anyone can coach when you have KD, Steph, Klay, and Green. 

People are doubting McVay every step of the way. Last year was valid because nobody knew if he could coach a locker room. He proved those people wrong. Now people are saying, can he handle (4) guys that have strong personalities (Suh Talib Peters Cooks). If he can handle 53+ players, he can handle 4 players especially since those other players and coaches on the team have his respect and back. That’s ridiculous. Next offseason those people is going to question McVay some more about something else. So we might as well get used to it even though is silly and has gotten old. 

Steve Kerr honestly is a terrible comparison. He inherited a warriors team that was improving every year under Mark Jackson. Mcvay got a team that was taking steps backwards. Rams had to add a lot to the roster. Warriors did not.  Anyone can coach when you have those players,  thats why when his back got injured that team didnt miss a beat. Coaching is ten times more important in football than it is in basketball. Basketball is about the stars.

Honestly, people only doubt Mcvay because just like Goff so many people were so adamant that he would fail that they refuse to be wrong. Its pretty funny to me.

Suggestion for Michael Crabtree: Don't wear your chain to practice.  Just leave it in the locker, bruh.

Also, how do we arrange for a Distance Battle between Greg the Leg and Tucker where the loser's team does laps?  You can't tell me they couldn't sell tickets to that.

3 hours ago, chris00cm said:

We're doomed if Landry-types are getting that kind of coin. Cooks might as well ask for the richest contract for a receiver, he'll probably get it from someone.

Most teams aren't the Browns. 

Archived