2 year associates degree help

Ty21

You can get you CDL and make 45K the first year. Pay only goes up from there. Made 6 figures last year I'm home every night, and I've only had my cdl for 18 months. If you wanna own your own truck, you can see 200K easy, if you're good at managing your money.

Takes 17 days to get your CDL. 

10 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

You can get you CDL and make 45K the first year. Pay only goes up from there. Made 6 figures last year I'm home every night, and I've only had my cdl for 18 months. If you wanna own your own truck, you can see 200K easy, if you're good at managing your money.

Takes 17 days to get your CDL. 

I am fascinated by this. Explain more. You are a truck driver, but you are home every night, making 6 figures? Ive never heard of such a thing. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I am fascinated by this. Explain more. You are a truck driver, but you are home every night, making 6 figures? Ive never heard of such a thing. 

I drive a day cab. There is no bed in my truck, just the front seat. Trucking is funny in some ways. One being that I make more to be on the fleet that I'm on and be home every night than I would if I was OTR. 

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I drive a day cab. There is no bed in my truck, just the front seat. Trucking is funny in some ways. One being that I make more to be on the fleet that I'm on and be home every night than I would if I was OTR. 

Is it just an F250 or whatever? Or is it a legit semi truck?

Thats kinda crazy. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You don't have to be an over the road trucker.

You can haul cattle, you can work for a construction company hauling heavy equipment, or even hauling material, ect.

Where I am from 50K a year is right around what you will get for the construction stuff, but plenty of people that haul cattle make closer to that 80k-90k
You will get paid more when working in any business in bigger cities because of demand. There is demand everwhere for truck drivers.

50K in a town of 1,000 people is close to that 100k in the bigger cities.
My house is bigger than the house my brother has in the cities and he paid over twice I paid, plus a yard.

11 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

haha an F250 is just a driving around family pick-up.

I know nothing about this. Ive seen those big Ford trucks (maybe its like a 350 or whatever?) that have no bed. So when he said his truck had no bed, thats where my mind went. Especially since I didnt even know semi trucks came with a bed.... 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know nothing about this. Ive seen those big Ford trucks (maybe its like a 350 or whatever?) that have no bed. So when he said his truck had no bed, thats where my mind went. Especially since I didnt even know semi trucks came with a bed.... 

I think he means a sleeper. Like a bed in "the back seat"

33 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

You don't have to be an over the road trucker.

You can haul cattle, you can work for a construction company hauling heavy equipment, or even hauling material, ect.

Where I am from 50K a year is right around what you will get for the construction stuff, but plenty of people that haul cattle make closer to that 80k-90k
You will get paid more when working in any business in bigger cities because of demand. There is demand everwhere for truck drivers.

50K in a town of 1,000 people is close to that 100k in the bigger cities.
My house is bigger than the house my brother has in the cities and he paid over twice I paid, plus a yard.

I live in Southern California, I don't think we have a city with less then 90K people ?

Archived