GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

16 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Pats have a shaky D and injured/inconsistent offense. They're the better team but hardly an all time great team where this would be a historic upset. 

Tbh I think it has a lot more to do with the Titans being viewed as a very average team that was lucky to make the playoffs and the game being played in New England after a bye week. 

There are only 12 playoff games in NFL history with point spreads of 13.5 or more.  Underdogs have won 2/12 of those games... Super Bowl 3 and Super Bowl 36.  This would be a pretty big upset.

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Pats have a shaky D and injured/inconsistent offense. They're the better team but hardly an all time great team where this would be a historic upset. 

I don't know, virtually nobody gives the Titans any chance of winning. A decent portion of Pats fans are focusing solely on who they'd rather play between Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.

51 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't know, virtually nobody gives the Titans any chance of winning. A decent portion of Pats fans are focusing solely on who they'd rather play between Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.

Good thing that means nothing come kickoff. 

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Pats fans should know better. For as much success as they've had in the Brady era, the team has come out flat/started slowly in a disproportionate number of games. Everyone knows the 0 total points in the first quarter of the 7 Super Bowls but they've had bad starts to plenty of other games (Baltimore, Denver, Jets games from years past, Houston last year). Other than the Colts and Steelers, the Pats rarely come out and handle their opponent easily 

I still expect that the Pats will win, but there's plenty of reason to think the Titans will have chances early to take a lead and capitalize on this New England tendency to start slowly. 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

and yet, if you read the thread, Titans have a fair few favoring them. 

Hopefully we continue our mostly-season-long trend of not allowing other teams anywhere near 20 points. This will be cold as hell, and they have two running threats in Henry and Mariotta. We've been running the ball well also, however, and have one of the the best RB/TE receiving games in the league, which we ought to use. Squeeze the game, until there's a time we can try and blow it open with Cooks and Hogan. 

Hopefully Brady still wants to play. 

Archived