Divisional Round - Patriots vs Titans

tonyto36

11 minutes ago, Starless said:

I hope you're right. But the Jaguars have that 2007 Giants/2012 Ravens vibe to them. I don't think they're afraid to come into Gillette.

Eh. 

Bortles has yet to perform like post season Flaco/Eli. 

I mean, I know it’s only been one game for the Jags so far, but it hasn’t happened so I don’t get how they could have that vibe when those two QBs were major factors in those SB runs. 

All they really have in common so far are teams with so-so QBs (Bortles being by far the worst of the three) and good or great defenses (Jags having the best). That Ravens D wasn’t even as crazy as this Jags D or that Giants D, they just got hot too. 

Not that the Jags aren’t dangerous, I just don’t see it the comparison.

That was more one-sided than I expected. Good win. The DL played well, all of them, against the run and pass. That was nice to see. Lewis/White and Gronk feasted, I think most people predicted that. Ten just don't have the LBs to cover those guys.

Hogan being backed helped in RZ, I know he only had a couple of catches and a score, but having another 6-foot plus target was clearly big. He had five TDs in the first 6 games this year, and once he went down injured they tended to struggle in the red zone.

...I still don't know who I'm cheering for in todays game.

Whoever we play we're doomed. Our coaches, owner and QB don't get on, so they have to pass messages to each other. It's just going to delay the preparation. We were fine this week, because we had two weeks to prepare.

BB: Josh, can you tell Tom that he's supposed to go for the hard count on that play...

RK: Josh, I need you to tell Bill to tell Tom that he can make calls on his own intuition...

TB: Josh, go back to Bill and tell him that Robert told me I can do whatever the hell I like on the field....let me know what he says.

We're doomed.

At Gillette I trust us against the Jags more than the Steelers. We nearly beat the Giants on a neutral turf we got our points towards the end. We nearly beat the Broncos on their turf, we got our points near the end (basically came down to a missed extra point). Brady will general figure out a defense and Bortles isn't capable of playing lights out enough to make a game get out f hand before then. I could see a slog or methodical game until we eventually tire some people out and create mismatches and spread them too thin. 

I'm more apprehensive about the prospects of having to face Ben/Brown/Bell all at the same time for the first time in 5 years. I don't know if our defense can defend all of that effectively enough. Brady will still get his points against the Steelers, but it could very easily turn into a crazy shootout that anybody could win.

The refs made a few bad mistakes (the Decker OPI and the missed facemask on the 4th down drive being the main ones), they were in no way, shape, or form responsible for New England winning. You guys kicked our arse. Props to the better, more experienced team. Good luck going forward. We will be back, Titan Up! 

Archived