2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Depending on how the Packers value the prospects at 14, it may be very good business to trade down, especially if there are several players in the same tier at #14 (just as there were last year when the packers traded back).

What non QB players would be absolute takes at pick 14?  

I say Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Ward, and James. Possibly Smith, Edmunds, or Davenport.  I like Nelson, but do not like guards in the first round unless they are Pro Bowl locks.  

It is possible that none of them are there at pick 14.  

Would Landry or Key possibly be available 5 or 10 picks later?

5 hours ago, 66fan said:

With the Packers sitting at 14 and Baker Mayfield still available, what trade offer would you rather take?  

Trading down with Cleveland for picks 33 and 35 or Buffalo for picks 22 and 53.  

They are both very equal on the draft value chart from Ourlads.  

Pick #14 = 1100 points

Pick #33 + #35 = 1140 points

Pick #22 + #53 = 1150 points

Maybe we add a 4th or a 5th

This is assuming our top choices are gone at 14.

I would do it for the Bill’s # 21 & 22 otherwise I don’t trade. If they want a QB we are in the drivers seat. That’s my price. 

"After a week of practices here in Mobile, we finally had a chance to see some of the 2018 NFL Draft's top prospects  on Saturday in the Reese's Senior Bowl...Here's a look at seven players who helped themselves on Saturday.

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta and Western Kentucky QB Mike White

Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

DJ Chark, WR, LSU

Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State

Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000911375/article/seven-nfl-draft-prospects-who-helped-themselves-in-senior-bowl

8 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

I would do it for the Bill’s # 21 & 22 otherwise I don’t trade. If they want a QB we are in the drivers seat. That’s my price. 

On the Harvard chart, picks 21 and 22 would get you up to pick 2.
On the JJ chart, up to pick 7.

A team willing to give up that much, would be calling teams drafting much higher than the Packers at #14. Pushing for that kind of trade is like being a snowflake on a hot oven......before you can blink, it all dissolves away to nothing. You can only play hard ball if you are truly in the drivers seat.

This talk of Baker Mayfield going first overall has me super excited for the draft.  I'd love, love, love if that happened.  Start a major run on quarterbacks.  It could very easily spark a trade up to 3rd overall to get one of Rosen/Darnold or even that Wyoming QB, which would eliminate the Colts as a pass rusher threat, which would send better defense down to us.  There's Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Wyoming QB I think... Is there another QB who might become a surprise top 13 pick? 

39 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This talk of Baker Mayfield going first overall has me super excited for the draft.  I'd love, love, love if that happened.  Start a major run on quarterbacks.  It could very easily spark a trade up to 3rd overall to get one of Rosen/Darnold or even that Wyoming QB, which would eliminate the Colts as a pass rusher threat, which would send better defense down to us.  There's Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Wyoming QB I think... Is there another QB who might become a surprise top 13 pick? 

Unlikely imo, but maybe some team falls in love with Lamar Jackson. Weirder things have happened. 

I do think we will get what we need and have 3-5 QBs taken before our pick. Earlier the better though. 

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:
11 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

On the Harvard chart, picks 21 and 22 would get you up to pick 2.
On the JJ chart, up to pick 7.

A team willing to give up that much, would be calling teams drafting much higher than the Packers at #14. Pushing for that kind of trade is like being a snowflake on a hot oven......before you can blink, it all dissolves away to nothing. You can only play hard ball if you are truly in the drivers seat.

Not to mention the team trading down almost always loses value on the chart 

12 hours ago, 66fan said:

What non QB players would be absolute takes at pick 14?  

I say Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Ward, and James. Possibly Smith, Edmunds, or Davenport.  I like Nelson, but do not like guards in the first round unless they are Pro Bowl locks.  

It is possible that none of them are there at pick 14.  

Would Landry or Key possibly be available 5 or 10 picks later?

From what's I've read, many view him as an all-pro "lock" or as close as you can get to it being an unproven prospect.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Regardless of who goes first, I think it's a given that 4 QB's will go from 1-13. Allen having a good senior bowl was great for us. Darnold and Rosen IMO for sure go in the top 10 and likely Mayfield as well. So worst case, we will have 9 non-QB players go ahead of us. What we need is some OL to impress at the combine so maybe 1-2 OL go before us as well. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Regardless of who goes first, I think it's a given that 4 QB's will go from 1-13. Allen having a good senior bowl was great for us. Darnold and Rosen IMO for sure go in the top 10 and likely Mayfield as well. So worst case, we will have 9 non-QB players go ahead of us. What we need is some OL to impress at the combine so maybe 1-2 OL go before us as well. 

Can't envision a scenario where 2 OL don't go. Either 2 OTs or Nelson and an OT. Maybe even 3. We will see a WR probably, always happens. Corners always tend to fall more than I think they will, and the edge guys go higher. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Can't envision a scenario where 2 OL don't go. Either 2 OTs or Nelson and an OT. Maybe even 3. We will see a WR probably, always happens. Corners always tend to fall more than I think they will, and the edge guys go higher. 

4 quarterbacks should be a lock. Orlando Brown and Quinton Nelson are locks before us too (to me at least).  Saquon Barkley, and Bradley Chubb are pretty much locks as well.  That's 8 players.  Guys who have a high chance at the remaining 5 picks are Minkah Fitzpatrick, Connor Williams,  and Roquan Smith.  If it shakes out like that, we would be sitting pretty at 14.  

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Orlando Brown but not McGlinchey?

Not counting him out up there as well.  I was reading the other day that there was some buzz at the senior bowl about the NFL being a lot higher on Brown than the draft community FWIW.  

Archived