2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Can I ask why you have Hubbard over Landry @AlexGreen#20? I’m not the biggest Landry fan either but have grown to accept him as a likely pick at 14.

Don't have Hubbard over Landry. Just haven't done a report on him yet. Those aren't my 20 top prospects, just the first 20 that I've done. I fully expect Landry to be my #2 Edge guy when I get around to him.  

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't have Hubbard over Landry. Just haven't done a report on him yet. Those aren't my 20 top prospects, just the first 20 that I've done. I fully expect Landry to be my #2 Edge guy when I get around to him.  

Ahh my bad on that. Was surprised to not see him included but I know a few guys on this board who are very low on him so thought I’d ask. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm going to have to disagree.  I mentioned it the other day, but my CB tiers right now look like:

Denzel Ward
(Mini Tier)
Joshua Jackson
(Tier)
Isaiah Oliver
Mike Hughes
Carlton Davis
Jaire Alexander
(Tier)
Holton Hill
Quenton Meeks
Deonte Jackson

Good info - thanks - but can I get a clarification of terms so I've got the context right? Whats the "tier" designation denote?

And are these guys listed in your assessment of talent?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm going to have to disagree.  I mentioned it the other day, but my CB tiers right now look like:

Denzel Ward
(Mini Tier)
Joshua Jackson
(Tier)
Isaiah Oliver
Mike Hughes
Carlton Davis
Jaire Alexander
(Tier)
Holton Hill
Quenton Meeks
Deonte Jackson

Fair enough. Seems to be more parity in opinions on corners this year than in year’s past. Fun class to watch.

mine would look like 

Denzel Ward 

(tier)

Jaire Alexander

(mini tier)

Carlton Davis

Isaiah Oliver

Mike Hughes

(tier)

Donte Jackson 

Josh Jackson

Quenton Meeks

MJ Stewart

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good info - thanks - but can I get a clarification of terms so I've got the context right? Whats the "tier" designation denote?

Most NFL teams draft on a tier system. A tier is essentially a bunching of similarly graded players. In my opinion the whole "BPA" thing revolves around drafting the best player at a position of need in your highest tier.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

The only reason I'd use the "tier" term is to differentiate the levels of the players.  For me, there's a clear difference between say Joshua Jackson and Isaiah Oliver, but not a huge difference between Oliver and Mike Hughes.  I prefer grades in tiers rather than sequential since you're normally talking about a small difference between two players.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Fair enough. Seems to be more parity in opinions on corners this year than in year’s past. Fun class to watch.

I can't speak for others, but last year's CB class was unusually strong.  I had four corners with 1st round grades, and four more with 2nd round grades.  If I were to break down the CB since 2015, it'd probably looking something like this:

Jalen Ramsey
Marshon Lattimore
(Mini Tier)
Denzel Ward
(Mini Tier)
Joshua Jackson
Marlon Humphrey
Gareon Conley
Vernon Hargreaves III
William Jackson III
Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
(Tier)
Isaiah Oliver
Mike Hughes
Carlton Davis
Jaire Alexander
Akhello Witherspoon
Chidobe Awuzie
Adoree' Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Mackensie Alexander
Kevin Johnson

PJ Williams
Jalen Collins
Byron Jones

That's not in any particular order, but the sort of tiers I'd break them down into.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The only reason I'd use the "tier" term is to differentiate the levels of the players.  For me, there's a clear difference between say Joshua Jackson and Isaiah Oliver, but not a huge difference between Oliver and Mike Hughes.  I prefer grades in tiers rather than sequential since you're normally talking about a small difference between two players.

And Ward is slightly above Jackson?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

What would we have to do to get Edmunds?

Bypass CB and true EDGE at 14 (?) and probably trade up?

I'd love to get him.

Board would have to be obliterated.  I'd assume that Denzel Ward, Joshua Jackson, Marcus Davenport, Derwin James, and Harold Landry would have to be off the board.  Add in 4 QBs ahead of our pick, Saquon Barkley, and Bradley Chubb and that's 11 players right there.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I can't speak for others, but last year's CB class was unusually strong.  I had four corners with 1st round grades, and four more with 2nd round grades.  If I were to break down the CB since 2015, it'd probably looking something like this:

Jalen Ramsey
Marshon Lattimore
(Mini Tier)
Denzel Ward
(Mini Tier)
Joshua Jackson
Marlon Humphrey
Gareon Conley
Vernon Hargreaves III
William Jackson III
Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
(Tier)
Isaiah Oliver
Mike Hughes
Carlton Davis
Jaire Alexander
Akhello Witherspoon
Chidobe Awuzie
Adoree' Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Mackensie Alexander
Kevin Johnson

PJ Williams
Jalen Collins
Byron Jones

That's not in any particular order, but the sort of tiers I'd break them down into.

Is that taking Peter's off the field issues into account?

You're down on the LSU boys. 

Archived